Chapter. Twenty One. Leave Me Alone.

Brianna's P.O.V

I love being happy, that's one thing I know is rare in my family. Every time you think y'all are happy something crappy happens and you don't know where you headed again, things are really messed up lately Charlie's engagement might be ending, I got drunk and slept with Nick for the first time, Charlie got drunk and slept with Kristen's brother, and here we were thinking they were cousins, oh and Kristen came the morning after to drag his ass back home. I got my first panic attack (well I think it was, it could've been a very bad stomach ache) from the thought of Nick. At least I'm back home in the shower thinking bout what happened two days ago.

I get out of the shower and walk into my suddenly dark room.

"How long was I in the shower?"

I turn on the lights and get dressed.

I walk downstairs, Charlie was sitting around the kitchen table poking her ice cream with a spoon.

"Does this house reek of depression, or is it just me?"

"It is just you, how you feeling."

I could see in her big ass eyes she's been crying.

"I'm fine, not sure bout you tho, you good?"

She sits up and stares at her bowl of ice cream.

"What's up? You scaring me right now!"

"Kristen texted me yesterday, he wants us to take a break. I called to ask him what that means and he said he'd like the engagement ring back."

"Oh man, I'm sorry!"

"Just need a strong drink and a really good joint."

"No! We are not turning into weed heads and drunks even tho that would be so much fun! No!"

We sit in the kitchen and start processing everything, we come to the conclusion that we need cupcakes and milkshakes. We get in Charlie's Mercedes and head to the city. The silence in the car said everything, things were falling apart again. All the pain was coming back and hitting harder than before it is like someone is praying for us to be depressed like 24/7 and tomorrow we go back to school how fucken great.

So here's my conclusion, We are so fucked like nothing makes sense, and depression is all over the place.

My phone chimes and I yank my phone out of my jeans

Hey, been a long time can we talk -Ted

That's not what I expected for another eighty years, I mean isn't the Niggah suppose to hate me or something.

Where you wanna meet? -Brianna

I could come to your house later on? Or a coffee shop? Park? -Ted

I'll come to your house at six -Brianna

Okay, see you then -Ted

I turn to Charlie

"Guess who just texted me!"

"Who?"

"Ted."

"The guy that's suppose to hate you for the next forty years??"

I giggle and respond

"Yes, my so-called kryptonite!"

She laughs and turns back to me.

"What he want anyway?"

"He just wants to meet up!"

"Drama drama drama!"

She's right Ted is a sweet guy with a cute attitude but he can bring a lot of drama in the craziest situations, in the end, he'd be the most upset and I'd seem like the bitch that played him. Kinda true though. But that's not the point, him texting me after so many months is a serious miracle!! Wonder what he wants to talk about already made it a point that he hates me and doesn't want anything to do with me.

We head back to town, I help Charlie with the food and I get in her Mercedes and drive to Ted's house. The last time I was here, I was so happy you wouldn't believe it was me. This all happened way before I realized I was in love with Nick.

I get out of the car and walk to the door. I panic as I'm about to knock.

Ted opens the door and smiles at me, something I haven't seen in a very long while.

"Hey, you wanted to talk?"

He closes the door behind him and guides me to the backyard. He had a beautiful garden with the most beautiful roses I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of roses.

There was a bench with vines wrapped around it like in the fairytale books. We sit on it.

"Didn't actually think you'd agree to meet me."

"Aren't you the one that hates me like forever or something?"

"Yes, but that's not why I asked you here."

"Or so you still hate me?"

"Brianna!"

I zip my lips with my fingers and stare at him.

He licks his lips and continues.

"I don't hate you, I'm just still pissed at what you did to me okay?"

"It is not my fault you like surprises and plus it was months ago."

"It was supposed to be a surprise, do you even know the point of the proposal."

Yes, it is true, Ted proposed in front of a bunch of people and I had to say no. Like worse back than I was merely 16. I wasn't ready to be a future wife. Anyway, it was a promise ring. He got so mad after he wouldn't answer my calls, text me back, or even open the door when I came by. I even dated one of his friends just to get his attention. Nothing worked.

"I said I was sorry!"

"Didn't heal my broken heart."

"And till this day I say I'm sorry, I just wasn't ready for that kinda commitment."

I couldn't take it anymore, yes I know I break everyone's heart but that's not my fault I come from a messed up home. If they feel like they can't handle that kinda ish why do they even bother? But anyway, I don't care I will rather be single than being in a relationship that would mess me up spiritually. When does it all end though when do I get to be happy?

I stand up before he could say anything else. I turn around and face him I couldn't leave without saying some shit that could kill his soul for days.

"And you know what, I don't care if you hate me or not, I was not ready for any commitment and you knew that, but you decided to throw some shit in my face anyways. That's your fucking fault so stop blaming my ass."

I basically power walked to the car cause of my tiny legs. I slammed the door and drive off.

On my way home I guess.

I seriously need a break from all this madness.