Chapter. Twenty Six. Haunt Me.

Christopher's P.O.V

I lock the front door and head to the garage to get my car I had a grueling feeling I couldn't shake off. I get in my mustang and fasten my seat belt. I drive to Brianna's house and text her to get out. She comes running out in tight jeans and a baseball jacket that reached her knees.

I laugh at the sight of her pink and white socks.

"Why aren't you wearing shoes? We going to the other side of the city!"

"We only going to get your siblings, it is not like we gonna get in the house!" She closes the door and fastens her seatbelt "Let's go!"

I start the car and our journey begins. It took thirty minutes to get to the city and back but to get to the other side of the city took a whole hour so in total it's a two-hour drive. I didn't want to get bored, so I asked Brianna to accompany me. She Doesn't Know I love her and there's no way I'm gonna tell her.

"Who's baseball jacket is that?"

"Mine, cant you tell?" She raises her hands to show me the oversized sleeves that covered her whole hand "Cute isn't it."

"Very!" I laugh

She considers me as her best friend cause she can tell me anything and everything. She never has to tell me when's she sad or angry I would already know and I'd be ready to comfort her. I've known her for six years now and she still does the same shit, walk with no shoes on just socks everywhere even in malls, steals my baseball jackets and wears them when she's with me, tie her braids into a cute bun so I won't play with them, tell me I'm stupid when I tell her something she doesn't want to hear, kisses my cheeks when she says thank you.

"How are they?" She asks as she turns the radio off

"Better I guess, my dad isn't hard on them tho, not anymore..."

"That's good, has he called you yet?"

"Its been six years Brianna, I don't think he'll call for another six years."

She frowns and looks out her window. She sighs and looks back at me.

"You okay tho?"

"Always.."

I could feel her gaze, it sent a quick shiver up my spine. I turn to her and make a funny face. She giggles and pinches my figure.

"What was that for?"

"Making me laugh!"

"Is that a crime?"

"Probably, I could make it a crime." She mumbles

I let out a soft chuckle and continue with my thoughts. One hour later we arrive at my parent's house. My siblings come running out of the house they open the back doors and let themselves in. My mom comes out and closes the door behind her.

I get out to hug her.

"You okay hun?" She hugs me tighter "You need anything?" She let's go and scans me

"Yeah, mom I'm okay."

She lightly shoves me aside and greets Brianna with a full smile and wave

I get in the car and she waves goodbye.

Brianna was already in the backseat, teasing and tickling my brother and sister. The twins and super annoying. But Brianna is always able to tame them somehow. The other reason I brought her along, she adores my siblings and gets along with them so well. The trip back home they ate burgers and chips and made jokes about me. They soon all fell asleep.