Chapter. Twenty Seven. Graduation.

Brianna's P.O.V

We iron our gowns and play with our caps, you could feel the excitement in the air, it was finally graduation and in three months I'll be off to college how nice. We all bought new clothes for this day, we were all excited to get out of high school at the age of 17. Well for Keith Tyler and Chris it is 18

Anyway, we enter the student hall and take our seats. I could feel the presence of my family cause they are loud as fuck. The principal starts with his bad jokes and corny accent. He delivers a speech about the hard long year we've Had, and how hard we've worked. Even though most of the time we sat in class with no teacher and still wrote our finals. And now we graduating.

At the end of it all we head to the yard to throw our caps in the air, take pictures and hug our parents. Shockingly Chris's dad was there he was hugging him and smiling. My mom, in other words, couldn't let go of me and Thomas, couldn't stop taking pictures either. Kimberly flew here from the UK too. Charlie's mom and siblings were there too, congratulating her and kissing her way too much. Kristen's mom and siblings flew back from LA and were pinching his cheeks and making funny faces. Sam was playing around the yard with Miranda its been a while since they've seen each other and good thing Sam is staying for the holidays. 

Later that day me Charlie, Kristen, Chris, Thomas, and Kimberly decided to get some food from a local burger joint. We sit in a table for six and start reminiscing.

Thomas and Kimberly leave early to catch up. And obviously have sex.

A few weeks back I confronted Chris about the whole messing with us thing, he explained and apologized since then I've been keeping him close. Kristen gave Charlie back the ring and they worked things out and now they planning their wedding again. They've already set a date 13 July 2021. Nick and I are still an unknown object, we throwing mixed signals so we'll never deal with what's going on between us.

Kristen and Charlie leave us to go dance to an old song. I yank out my phone and start fake texting.

"Wanna get out of here before you start a fake call?"

I smile and follow him outside. We get in his mustang and take a drive around town.

"Where are you taking me?" I say in the sight of the sign that read Leaving Glendale.

"Relax I'm not kidnaping you, everyone knows where we going but you of course."

"You taking me to Disney World?"

"No, and don't even think about continuing to guess."

I fold my arms and sit fasten my seatbelt. I couldn't see where we were going it was dark and all I could see was our headlights. I fall asleep.

Oh, how I love this mustang it is so warm and cozy and it comes with free baseball jackets.

We finally stop. I get out and stretch, I take off my heels and walk barefoot into the huge brick house with lights all over it. The driveway was long, I wouldn't even reach the gate walking the whole day.

"Why are we here?"

"I'm still apologizing."

"You gave me a legit reason you don't have to do all this."

"Shut up and enjoy this week please!"

I laugh and we walk in, the inside was even more beautiful. The floor was warm and the chandelier blinded me for a few seconds. A guy in a well-tailored suit walks up to me and offers to take my shoes and jacket. Then a woman in a skin-tight black dress hands me a towel and says

"This way ma'am."

Am I dreaming, she led to the end of the house where there was a huge pool that could probably drown me and make me disappear as well. Christophe appears behind me and helps with my dress. He dives in the pool and waves for me to jump in.

"No, black people can't swim, they can only float really well!"

"Than how am I swimming?"

"YOU ARE FLOATING REALLY WELL!"

"I won't let you drown I promise."

I slowly walk into the pool and regret every second of it. He grabs my waist and wraps my legs around his. He stands in the middle of the pool.

"See I won't let you drown."

I couldn't speak anymore, I was lost in his eyes waiting for him to kiss me.

After an hour of swimming. We walk back into the house. Dry ourselves off and take a shower. I walk up to one of the rooms.

I remembered this house from Christopher's baby pictures, this was his family vacation house. They barely come here now. I walk into the room and toss my body onto the king-sized bed with warm sheets.

Chris comes in.

"Hope you like it."

"Oh yes, I love it." I say moaning "Very much."

I was so sleepy, I had to wake up early today to get everyone out of the house by 7 and having such a big family it was such a hustle to get all to them out on time.

Though I still didn't understand why Chris was doing this. Though I also didn't care cause I'm sleepy...

I crawl to the top of the bed and fell asleep instantly.

Did He say enjoy the week? So I'll be here for a whole week! Hope Charlie won't miss me, cause now I miss her. But I'll have to be strong.

In the morning.

I wake up well-rested. I get out of bed and grab my bed and put it on my bed. All I could find was shorts, two pairs of jeans, hoodies, and crop tops.

Who packed my bag?

I go to the closet and nothing. Shit. I wear denim shorts and an oversized hoodie to cover it. I walk down the stairs, Chris was at the end of the stairs staring at me.

"Didn't expect you to wake up for another two hours.."

"I miss Charlie too much." I fake sniff "And plus I smelled bacon all the way from my room."

He chuckles and drags me to the kitchen, they were mountains and mountains of pancakes, bacon, waffles, cookies, etc.

"Is my family gonna burst through that door to eat all this food?"

"No, it's for us."

"I got a flat stomach to maintain..." I giggle "And you don't eat this much in one week."

He fakes laugh and grabs a pancake.

"Eat before it gets cold."

I sit down next to him and start poking my food with a knife and fork wondering where to start.

Maybe this week was going to be fun and I was gonna forget the depression threatening to escape. Maybe. I wouldn't know though.