Chapter. Thirty Five. Promises...

Brianna's P.O.V

I walk downstairs which took forever in this house. One of the flaws of living with the Coulson family. Huge ass house. Didn't sleep much. Thought of ways to tell Nick I'm being dared to have dinner with his mom. That's if we survive this on going war. That reminds me I have to go see my mom.

I arrive at the kitchen and grab a juice box, yes we have those but that's because of Sammy.

"Morning Big Sis!!" Sam shouts From behind me

"Speak of the devil." I whisper and turn to face him. "Hey my little rugrat, did ya miss Me?"

"Yes, very much.." He hugs me "Thanks for the new toys."

"What toys Sammy?" I say confused

"The ones you sent to me yesterday... The teddy bears and remote control cars..." He says with a straight face

My eyes widen "Sammy...when have I ever bought you toys. You don't even play with toys anymore. You practically glued to your Xbox." I stand up

"Charlie!!!" I scream on the top of my lungs. I grab Sammy's bag "Where are those toys now?"

"At home, with mommy!" He says with a scared tone.

My heart falls to my feet. I yank out my phone from my sweat pants. I dial my mothers number and place the phone on my ear.

Charlie runs into the kitchen "Why'd you call me?"

"Charles! He sent toys to Sam! They at my mothers place!!" I grunt "And she's not picking up, we gotta go. Sam stay in the house... okay?"

He nods with tears threatening to fall. "Moms gonna be okay, don't worry... Just please stay in the house."

Me and Charlie run out of the house and into the garage. We grab the G Wagon and race to my mothers house. We arrive there fifteen minutes later and knock like crazy. There was no answer. I got to the backyard and grabbed her back up key from a tree hole.

We open the door slowly and walk in.

"There's no one here!"

"Yeah, your mom must've left for work or something?"

I roll my eyes "On a Sunday Charlie, really!"

"You're mom is full of surprises."

"Too many..."

We leave the house and head home. We walk in and the guys were pacing around the living room and Sammy was sitting on the couch playing with his iPad.

I look at Charlie "Did we miss something?"

"I don't know anymore!"

They spot us and run to us. Our eyes widen.

"Uh...What's wrong?"

They didn't answer, they just scanned us and asked if we were okay. Minutes later, we are all outside and the guy are giving out orders bout security. Where's Chris to see all this he'd be so proud of them.

"We need sixteen guarding each door upstairs and sixteen downstairs guarding every entrance and I mean windows as well, five at the gate. Three snipers on the roof. And two in the backyard and front yard. Is that enough thou?" Nick turns to ask Kristen

A helicopter flew over our heads and Kirsten responded "I think we gonna need more than one helicopter though." He sighs "And more guards for the balconies."

I slap my forehead an walk towards them. "This is too much!" They ignore me and carry on with they obsession to keep us safe.

I walk back into the house and sit in the living room. My mom walks through the door. I get up and give her a big ass hug.

"So glad you safe." I tighten my arms around her

"Oh...Wow, and I just went grocery shopping."

"Shocking..." I let go "For you... Don't you have people to do that?"

"No, how lazy do think I am?"

"Like massively lazy." She puts her hands on her hips and glares at me

I do the same, mocking her.

Charlie walks in "Oh thanks God you safe!" She hugs her.

"So a woman can't go grocery shopping and survive." She brushes Charlie's back.

We all giggle

**********

I toss my phone and keys on my bed and walk into my bathroom. I walk back out realizing I don't wanna do anything in there. I sit on the end of the bed, and start thinking. The door fly's open and my mom walks in.

"Mom I love you, but please knock next time."

"No. What's wrong?"

"Nothing...Just drained."

"Oh, so this isn't bout the gentleman downstairs? Nick?"

"Uh..."

"Can't believe you never told me, you and nick are dating!"

Yes I never told my mom, I was in love with Nick my guy best friend. She would've freaked out and told me to tell him, no push me an probably tell him, herself. So I had to distance myself till I told him. Cause my mom reads me like a book.

"I'm sorry mom, but you know how crazy you get bout these things."

"No, I don't!" she sighs "but I wish you told me!"

"I'm sorry, I won't ever hide information like this From you ever again!"

"I hope so. You better not mess shit up!"

"Mom!" I slap my forehead

"Sorry...Have you seen your dad lately?"

"No, what you didn't put a tracker on him?"

"No!" She looks at the door "I have a PI watching his every move." She looks back at me with a smile.

"You're something else you know that!!"

"No, but I'm always told by my daughter." She smiles

I smile back and lay my head on her shoulder "I'm scared..."

"I know sweetie, but its all gonna be okay, I promise." She rubs my cheeks with her thumb

"I hope so. I just really hope so. Cause you women are savages..."

"You're one too!!" She raises her finger to peck my nose

"Oh. I'm sorry, let me rephrase... you moms are savages." I giggle

She chuckles and shrugs me off her shoulder "Would you stop worrying the dinner will be fine."

I sigh loudly and lay back on my bed, she lays besides me and rubs her stomach. "You hungry."

I turn to her "I am so hungry!"

.....