It Won't Be That Akward Right?

"You two know each other?" I asked.
I was confused, and weirded out.

"Uh yeah, he part of the reason we called you and told you to come home." his smile turned into a frown.

"I didn't know he was your brother? God, everything is going to be so awkward." Mark said running his hair through his fingers.

"What does that mean?" I retorted. No, seriously I don't understand what's happening right now.

"Come inside," Nate gestured his hand inside. Mark stepped in and I followed.

We all went inside the living room and sat down. Everything was normal except for Mark laughing here and there.

"Celeste, we visited mom and dad, they didn't um-" I cut Nate off.

"Don't say it!" my cheeks were getting warm. I remember the day when the teacher told me they were in an accident. I couldn't help it but tears started rolling down on my cheeks. I couldn't cry now. I suddenly feel a hand on me- a big, warm one.

"Don't cry." Mark said. His green eyes all sad looking as he stared at me. I buried my face in my hands.

"But uh....before dad um," Cole took a deep breath. "you know, he said that we would be living with his old friend. That's where Mark comes in." he coughed and looked at Mark.

I finally understand where Mark comes in. I can't live with him, it would be awkward!

"Do you understand?" Nate looks at me with his serious dark chocolate eyes. "We're moving out of here on Monday."

"Only 3 days to pack?" I asked. Nate nods and I jerk my head to Mark and he just shrugs. "How long do we stay there?" I asked, we can't stay forever.

"Until we can afford a house." Nate points at Cole and himself. This can't be happening but-

"It can't be that awkward, right?" I say raising a eyebrow. Claire(Chapter 2)starts laughing like crazy.

Mark giggles and Nate and Cole stare at me.

"So what, are you 2 dating?" Claire asked. Oh god, I want to punch her.

"No! We're just friends!" Mark and me say it at the same time. I look at him, we're just making it worse.

"So there's nothing going on between you two?" Cole asks while crossing his legs.

"There's no way this chick would like me," Mark laughs pointing his thumb at me. Did he just call me chick? "She "liked" my brother, I bet you still do." he says looking at me.

"You are down to Earth crazy, Mark I said liked not "liked", get it right-" Claire cuts me off.

"Wait, Celeste the only boy you ever liked was Jake, so-" she puts it all together then realizes. She's sooo stupid. "OMG! You're Jake's brother?" she gets up from the couch and looks like she saw a dead body.

"Bingo." Mark said. Oh god, Nate and Cole are so gonna bug me now.

"Wow, ok we will settle everything tomorrow. For now Celeste, take him outside so he can go home." Nate said.

Always the big, protective brother. "Sure." I hop of the bed and wait for Mark. He gets up and fixes himself like a girl.

We go outside and there's an awkward silence. "So." I start looking around. Something touches my hand, I look to see what it was. It was his hands, they were soft and warm. I don't move, I look up at him.

"Your hands our warm." he said looking at our hands touching. He smiles. He links his fingers with mine. "It won't be that awkward, Celeste."

My heart start beating faster and faster. It hasn't done this in so long. But I like us touching hands so I don't move. I let myself stand there, blushing and my heart beating faster.....