Lie To Me I Dare You To

•Chapter 17•

*Unedited*

I unveiled my mirror and looked at my faded reflection. My red lipstick was still showing and was smeared because of the kiss.

The kiss.....my fingers lightly touched my lips as I remembered what had happened the night before. I stare down at the floor to see Tea sleeping, I didn't know that she came in.

-Knock-Knock-

My body stiffened as I wondered who it could be. I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to look presentable.

"Come in," I said softly, I was eager to see who it was. What if it was Mark? I should just avoid him and act like nothing ever happened to us, that we are just a pair of friends.

The door knob turned slowly as it got my attention but I was more surprised to see who it was.

"Ja-ke." I hiccuped, my fists curled into balls. My vision blurred as I started replaying everything that happened yesterday, I didn't feel so good.

"Hey," he scratched the back of his head. "Are you, um, ok?" his eyes quickly averted mine, at least I wasn't the only one embarrassed about yesterday.

"I'm fine thanks for asking," I tried to sound strong but my voice couldn't keep up, you couldn't blame me. I finally thought I was happy with Mark but then he ends up like every other hormonal teenager. "Is that the reason you're here?" I put my hand on my hip, once he sees me acting like myself he should be able to leave.

"Stop lying, I know you aren't." his concerned gaze finally met my eyes. He walked into my room and shut the door. My head started to spin and every step he walked closer to me... I felt my heart beating faster.

Jake suddenly came up to me and put his hand on my forehead. His facial expression wasn't so great, but then it was.

"Why are you hear, again?" I said slapping his hand off. There's no need for physical touch.

"You're sick," he said. "I came to take care of you." Jake walked over to my dresser and faced his back on me.

"Really, why are you hear?" I protested.

He sighed as he finally said, "Mark told me to come wake you up, he's buying food, breakfast is on him. But you're actually sick." He said turning around on his heels.

"Now explain w-" I was interrupted by him.

"But you don't have to, I mean you are sick and I'd stay with you." he said walking closer yet again towards me.

"I'm fine alone, I can take of myself." I retorted. That apparently didn't stop him from coming closer. He took a strand of my hair and pushed it behind my ear.

I turned my head. "Stop," I looked into his eyes and he stopped. His hand was slowly moving away from me. I quickly grabbed his hand. "I need to freshen up, stay." I told him like a dog.

I could see his expression was relieved. I headed towards the bathroom, I need to steam down. I think I am sick, I feel nauseous and my stomach hurts.

-Knock-Kick-Knock-

That was Mark, I can't believe he remembered what I told him. I asked him to knock like that when he was outside of my door so I would know it was him.

I put down the toilet seat so I could sit down and possibly stay here forever. I started to hear muffled voices, what were they talking about?

I pressed the right side of my face up against the door to hear them. Part of me was scared to hear what they are are going to say.