Hush

*Chapter 22*

•Unedited•

"You're not gonna get up and give your mom a hug?" She smiled ever so sweetly that just lit up the room. My eyes still wide just sat there and stared at her with wonder and amazement.

I was sinking into my chair confused deep in my thoughts. Was my real mother standing in front if me? My head pounded as I finally managed to speak up and smile.

"U-u-uh yeah," I managed to get up without tripping or stumbling as I hugged her. She smelled like fresh leaves and mint. My mom hugged me tightly.

"Oh my god, I can't believe my two girls ended up so pretty!" she exclaimed as she pulled out I the hug and sat on my bed leaving me standing there like an idiot.

"Um, so," I looked to ground frustrated and confused. I shot my head back up. "Why are you here?" I covered my mouth, that sounded so rude!

"Well, Rose told me she found you. I never could actually find you, I told your foster parents to hide you well and they most certainly did." she had this thick heavy British accent.

I looked back too the ground, I was hurt. "Why look for me when you gave me up?" Tears welling up in my eyes. I was thankful though that I was put with a normal but wonderful family.

"I didn't want to give you up, I was forced to," she sighed as she took a deep breath and locked a gaze with me. "I was only 17, me and the love of my life were in a forbidden love. He was rich, fancy, and elegant but I was the rich troublemaker, but I always stood up for what I believed in."

I caught my breath as I took in everything I heard. She was in a forbidden love? I walked over only to sit next to her and comfort her. She looked at me and smiled.

"Everyone loved me because I stood up for many things and made better decisions than most," her voice broke. "everyone, except my parents and his." she squeaked out. That's when I acknowledged her beauty.

Her thick chocolate brown hair fell past her shoulders and she had deep aqua eyes just like me.

"Our parents hated each other since they were rivalry companies. Even so, me and Peter still fell in love but after our parents found out they forbade us from ever seeing each other again. When I learned I was pregnant with you and Rose, mother just put you two up for adoption. All she let me do was choose the families." she croaked out catching her breath.

"I'm sorry to ask but what happened to...Peter or uh, dad?" she chuckled bitterly as she held my hand.

"He died, 7 years ago." I covered my mouth. Amanda dabbed around her eyes, drying any tear stains as she quietly sniffled.

"Oh god, that's terrible." I said flatly.

She sniffled again and wiped her tears as she gave a incredibly sad smile which made me want to cry. All hopes for meeting my whole family as one were crushed. "Enough about me! Jake and Mark," she clutched my left hand and I sighed.

I rubbed my temple as I put on a terribly miserable face. "They are two guys that I live with." I replied like a robot slowly dying from stress.

She scrunched up her face an playfully hit my arm. "Tell me details, woman!" she dryly laughed managing I put on a clear smile.

"You wanna know what my life is like with them?" I groaned at the thought of explaining. Amanda sat up straight and bobbed her head. Ugh, I don't want to do this. But then I knew what to say. "Its like the vampire diaries except without the crappy fiction."

She laughed so loud I thought I was about to cry. "Oh my god, the mess my daughter is in!" she said dramatically.

"You don't have to tell me that." I sighed.