Sarah

"James Adams?" Mr. Barrington called as he was taking role.

"Here!" James said. He continued down each row, until he got to me.

"Sarah Atkins?" He called.

"Still here." I said.

"Oh yes." He said. "The one with an additude."

"Jack Avery?"

"He moved." I said turning around to look at the empty seat behind me. "I've said that for three months now."

"Oh yes." He said. "The other one with an additude."

"He didn't have an additude." I said.

"Whatever Sarah." James said. "That kid had problems yelling at people."

"Shut up James." I said. "He only yelled at people to stand up for me."

"Sarah don't talk to James like that." Faith said from across the room. "Your only standing up for Jack because he's hot."

"Hey Faith!" I said.

"Yes--"

"Shut up." I said.

Everyone laughed.

"And we all know you were only standing up for James because you like him."

She got quiet.

"And call my best friend hot again and you'll be the only thing burning you ashy."

"Look." James said. "Jack had problems, we all know that."

"James. Can you just shut up!?" I said. "We all know that you're going to be praising Jack and saying how you knew him once you see him again."

"Whatever." He said.

"Yeah don't be fake." I said. "We all know you're only like this because Jack is way more successful than you."

"Anyways..." The teacher continued. "What is the square root of..."

I turned back to the front of the class. That mostly explained my school life. Ever since Jack moved it's been difficult to socialize with any of my other peers.

I miss him. He was the closest thing I had to a brother ever since my brother Jeff died in a car crash. He's been there for me ever since...but it broke me when I found out he was moving.

• Flash Back •

"Dude Sarah!" Jack said running up to me as I was walking down the hall to go to my locker.

"Ayee what's up!?" I said.

"You are not going to believe this."

"What!?" I asked really excitedly.

"You remember that boy band I've been telling you about for the past couple of days?" He said. "The one I'm apart of?"

"Yeah!?"

"Well we're making it official!"

"Oh my gosh!"

"I know right!"

"Are you being for real!?"

"No duh!" He said laughing.

"I can't wait!"

"Yeah..." He said. His smile begining to fade away.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"The only problem is, I have to move to LA." He said.

I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Your not going to move...are you?" I asked.

"Well I talked to my mom and she was okay with it."