Sarah

(Still Sunday)

I never really liked funerals. Well who would. It's sad and all people wear is black. And they come with umbrellas because for some reason it always has to rain.

It's like that one scene from Despicable Me 2 where Gru finds out that Lucy was leaving to Australia right after he was so happy that he had finally found love. That's what funerals feel like to me.

~ring~

I grabbed my phone and read the notification.

Snapchat:
James❤ sent you a chat

I smiled and opened it.

James❤: good morning.

Me: goodmorning

It hadn't been a minute and he already replied.

James❤: I'm on my way. I'll text you when I'm outside.

Me: kk

I put down my phone and just stared outside for a while.

The car still in front of the house instead of at dads work. The grass growing longer instead of easy and short after being mowed. The house across the street, empty instead of packed. And the road looking so empty, instead of having a young boy on a skateboard practicing his tricks.

My focus came to the window frame. My necklace was sitting on the frame. I grabbed it and put it on. I read what was engraved on it.

If lost, return to Jack Avery.

-Flash Back-
(17 year old Jack and Sarah)

I just sat down after saying good bye to my dad before he left to work.

The door swung open.

"HONEY I'M HOME!" Jack yelled.

"You're a dork." I laughed as i scooted over on the couch.

"You know you love me." He replied and sat down.

He layed down on my lap and we watched Lilo and Stitch.

I played with his soft hair as usual.

"Ohana means family." Stitch had said.  "And family means..."

"Nobody gets left behind." Jack continued.

"Or forgotten." I finished.

We smiled at eachother.

Jack immediatly sat up.

"Speaking of being left behind." He said grabbing something out of his pocket.

"What is it?" I asked.

He pulled out a necklace and gave it to me. I read what was engraved.

"If lost return to Jack Avery." I read out loud.

He grabbed out a bracelet and put it on. He read what was on his bracelet.

"I'm Jack Avery."

We both laughed.

-End of flashback-

~RING~

I grabbed my phone and answered it.

"Hello?"

*I'm outside.*

"Okay, I'm on my way."

I walked downstairs and grabbed everything i needed before walking out. I got into the car.

"Hi." James said.

"Hi." I smiled a fake smile.

"Hey, don't worry." He said grabbing my hand. "Everything will be alright, I promise."

He started up the car and started driving.

"James, so what's gonna happen to us now?" I said looking out the window. "I'm happy where I am right now."

"Sarah, it's okay." He said holding on tight to my hand. "You're only going for like one year. And then you'll be back."

"But then when I leave, you're going to leave."

"I'm not leaving you. I'm always going to be here waiting for you to come back." He said. "Because I love you."

"I love you too James."

~Time skip~
(After funeral...getting ready to go to the airport.)

"Are you ready Sarah?" My mom called from downstairs.

"Almost." I said.

I had finished straightening my hair after having it in my natural curls.

James had been helping out by taking my stuff out into the car. All of the rooms were empty. Everything was in the car. My step dad and my mom would be driving down with all of the stuff. My mom decided she wanted me to go alone on the freaking plane.

"Sarah let's go." She called again.

"Coming."

I grabbed the last suitcase and started rolling it out. James came running up the stairs.

"I'll take that." He said.

I ran back into the room and grabbed my phone off the bathroom counter and slipped it into my pocket.

I turned around and James was standing there with his hand out.

I turned off the light and grabbed his hand.

We walked downstairs together.

"Okay let's go." My mom said getting into her car.

James and I got into his car and we followed them.

~Time skip~
(At the airport)

We were at the airport. My mom and her husband already started driving down. James and I were at the airport.

"Gate 27" they said over the speaker. "Gate 27."

I stood up and James did too. We hugged as tight as we could.

"I love you Sarah." He whispered in my ear.

"I love you too James."

"Whenever you need me, I'll be here waiting." He said. "And I'll be here waiting for the day you come home."

I let go and held onto his hands.

"I gotta go." I said.

"Okay." He said. "I'll see you soon."

He gave me a kiss on the cheek. And I started walking over to my gate. He had disappeared from my eyes as I got further and further.

Well, this is going to be really interesting. For some reason today didn't seen the same as all of my other days. It felt weird. Like there's something that is going to happen. The only problem is that, I don't know what is going to happen. But I tend to find out.

I kept on walking. I then stopped. I stood there for a moment. It just seemed so firmiliar. I then began to recognize where I was.

The place where me and Jack started becoming friends. After our flight from California, and we came here. The same spot that our parents talked to eachother and said we'd be living across the street from eachother.

~Flash back~

"Hi I'm Jack."

"Hi I'm Sarah."

"I'm ready to start this journey with you." He said.

~End of Flash Back~

"Don't worry Sarah." I thought to myself as I got onto the plane and sat down. "You're almost there."

...You're almost there...