Chapter Thirty - 'Delivery Girl- Psych's Sidekick!'

How was I supposed to sleep after such a hectic night? Not to mention that it was already morning; 1:50am to be precise- I'd gotten home a moment ago after spending some time with Tyler after Kimmy's Halloween party, doing things that may be questionable now that I thought about it.

I sighed, staring at my phone as I sat gloomily on my bed, unsure what to do now that sleep is refusing to take me in and my jittery self is disobeying my mind. After absently tapping around my phone, I found myself staring at the contact number I'd put in a while ago labelled SP. I'd properly asked him for his number again- which I was almost certain he'd refuse to give, but to my delight and surprise, he'd ended up giving me his personal number (which was when I also learnt he had not two, but three).

We didn't see each other as much as I'd like, but it made sense to me since I was just a girl and he was... an extraordinary Super. A being with capabilities strange to understand but amazing to witness. A Super who had better things to do than sit around and bond with me of all people. It was duly noted after witnessing his habit of reminding me his world was nothing like mine.

And yet despite my understanding of his important duties, I still can't help but feel sad that I still knew so little about him. So sad that he still hesitates to talk, to touch and to laugh around me.

"Liv?"

I shrieked, dropping my talking phone that sounded startlingly like SP. I'd accidentally called him.

I grimaced, picking up the phone and wondering if I'd perhaps woken Elizabeth and my dad who'd just come home a moment ago, too. "Oh my god." I breathed, "I'm sorry I accidentally called you at such a time, did I wake you? Oh my god were you in the middle of saving a life?"

"I'd be a horrible pers- Super to answer a call in the middle of helping someone." He replied, his voice traced with an undertone of humour after a strange hiccup in his sentence. "I was awake anyway."

I sighed in relief, "Good. I'm still sorry. You gave me your personal number and the first thing I do with it is accidentally call you in the middle of the night... well, morning..."

"Good morning." He said lightly.

I laughed, "Yeah, good morning."

"Why're you up at this hour?" SP asked, then paused, "Oh, you had that party thing, right?"

"Yeah, but I'm home now and I can't sleep. Anyway, what about you? Why're you up at this hour if you're not saving people?" I joked.

"I... it's hard to sleep." He admitted.

"Insomnia?" I guessed, frowning.

"No... not that. I just, all that heightened sense stuff that comes with being a Super." He muttered, "It's hard to sleep when you have impeccable hearing."

I pursed my lips, "That sounds awful. I always thought you had control over that."

"That'd be great, if we did." He laughed sadly.

"So what do you do when you can't sleep? Just lay in bed all night until it's morning?" I asked, seriously wondering if he gets sleep at all.

"I generally take walks, or travel." He answered.

"Travel?" I echoed, surprised.