Prologue

Quick Note: This story will be, for the most part, written in the POV of your daughter. Don't worry, it will make sense as you read along.

And also, for the sake of this story, "Chara" will be pronounced the same as "Kara".

Thank you and enjoy! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~

Twenty-something years ago, the War for the Surface ended, and for the second time in human history, monsters were banished into the Underground. You, (y/n) (l/n), was considered a hero. A legend.

Being the seventh magician, more popularly know as Seven, people all around respected you, your name, and your family.

Everywhere, history classes were rewritten and published, claiming that you had came to your senses of what was right late in the war and contributed to the banishing of all the monsters. Until now, you never realized how biased and twisted those history textbooks were.

But, in it all, you could only smile in amusement at the false content. After all, only a small handful of people knew the real truth, those people only being Frisk, yourself, the other six magicians and your only daughter.

Your daughter was a bright girl and she always held a smile. Everywhere she went, she knew to be friendly, and everyone loved her. Maybe it was because of her reputation as the Seventh magician's daughter but even on her own, she had a natural charisma. It wasn't a surprise when it was discovered that she had the potential to be a powerful magician and held soul of Kindness.

On her eighth birthday, she was given her jewels that would help regulate her magic usage. There were two small, spherical jewels, one bigger than the other. The bigger one was about the size of a chickpea; the other was about 3/4th of that size. With her specific jewels, she was to wear them behind her left ear. The larger one would be just hidden by the lobe of her ear, while the smaller one would be right under it. Her jewels glowed a bright green, in relation to her soul color.

Now, through it all, she was a perfect girl. A perfect daughter.

Never complained.

Was always cheerful.

Would do everything you told her to do.

Did well in school.

Everything.

But, there was something that scared you. Not that it was because she seemed to be too good of a daughter, she grew up to be completely genuine. It's just who she looked like.

Your daughter, now almost fifteen, had warm, brown hair that grew out just past her shoulders. Her skin was pale, cheeks were rosy, and creepily enough, she held those red, crimson eyes that you knew. Thankfully, she didn't dress the same way, but her color choices definitely suggested her.

How she was born to look that way was beyond you. And when you couldn't explain that to your husband, he left you, claiming that you were a cheater. You didn't cry that day. You didn't really care, to be honest.

He wasn't the one you wanted.

And no way in hell were you going to go out looking for another.

You looked out the window as you waited for the butterscotch-cinnamon pie to finish baking. Yes, somehow Frisk managed to recreate the recipe. Looking out, you could see the leaves begin to shift to brown and orange, signalling that autumn was well into the world around you. Your daughter was currently talking to Frisk, asking questions about the monsters and her journey through the Underground, daring to memorize everything about monsters and magic.

You sat down at the kitchen, just thinking about the past. Currently, you were wearing his old jacket. You kept extremely good care of it, making sure not to stain it, or have anything damage the fabric. You cooped your hands into the worm pockets, handling the rugged slip of paper within.

Pulling it out, you saw that it was extremely faded, but you were still capable of reading the note. He had written it out in pen after all. Through habit, you decided to glance it over again.

Hey, (y/n).

If you're reading this, I'm probably already down in the Underground, but I wanted to tell you a few things.

For one, I want you to move on, after all, you have your whole life ahead of you still. I shouldn't be the reason that you can't live life to it's fullest. I want you to meet someone that can make you happy, and maybe even start a family if you wish.

Secondly, I want you to know that you are not alone. Just because I'm gone, and just because all of your monster friends are gone, does not mean you're alone. You have Frisk up there to help you, and with time, you'll have all of the other magicians on your side. And because you're not alone, you can move on and get over me.

(There are some small, circular dried water marks on the page here.)

Lastly, I wanted to tell you that I love you for the last time. You've made my world for the time that I was on the surface and I would give anything to see you again, but I don't know how long you'll stay. Regardless of what happens, I want you to move on.

But I know you. My stubborn, little girl. So I'll write it down.

If you can't do it for yourself, do it for me.

I don't want to be the reason that you're hurt. But, this is my goodbye, and I hope you have a good life.

Love,
Sans

The beeping of the oven went off, causing your thoughts to fall apart and immediately address the cooked pie. Rushing over, you started to pull the pie out to cool, trying to repress the heartbreak. It was all a mess, how much you still cared for the skeleton. You loved him and you hated him. Sometimes, you would even hate yourself for caring too much.

As you placed the pie to cool, you overheard Frisk and your daughter talking, so you listened into their conversation as an attempt to distract your mind from him.

"And after you went through the door, you found that everything was snow?"

You immediately regretted listening in.

"Exactly as you said it."

"And you saw a camera to your left, right?"

"Yup."

"But that didn't really concern you, so you just kept walking into the forest and met Sans there!"

Frisk only laughed at your daughter's response, but your heart gave your chest a painful squeeze, causing your eyes to water.

"You know the story so well, you might as well tell me about it."

"Aw, no, Aunt Frisk! You're way better at telling the story! Can you tell me about Sans?"

Your heart sent another painful pulse to your chest, but your stomach fluttered with the nerves.

"Again?"

"Yeah!"

"Well, I heard the oven go off, so how about we get some pie and then we can talk about him over the table? How's that sound, Kara?"

"Sounds great! Let's go!"

And into the kitchen came Frisk and your daughter, causing your eyes to suck up the tears, and for your lips to smile at the two.

A/N: It's been awhile since I've written, so...any criticism would be great! :3 Or even telling me just how you thought about this chapter would be helpful.

Anyways, thank you for reading, and I hope you all enjoy! Love you all! <3