Chapter Eleven

"Why the fuck is he here!?" Sans had his hand around Flowey's stem, gripping it and threatening to tear him to pieces. His eyes glared down at me, almost ready to strangle whoever came in his way.

"H-He was looking for me, Sans! We're friends! He helped me through the Ruins!" I cried out, now lunging at his arm for a chance to get Flowey out of his grasp. I managed to grab a hold of his arm and drag him down with me to the floor.

Flowey fell out of his reach and immediately latched onto my hand, now quickly making his way up my arm with nervous shrieks.

"Dammit, kid." Sans swore as we both flung to our feet, with his face right in mine. His stare was harsh as his pupils slowly glanced from my face to Flowey's, who was hiding behind my shoulder. I could feel the poor thing shaking.

"Stay away from him, Sans. Look, he's with me. If anything bad happens to me due to Flowey, then I'll allow you to go at him, but for now, no!" I took a small step towards Sans, trying to get him to back off. And when I saw that he held his expression, I only brought myself to smile a bit at him. "I'll be fine."

He reacted to that, now pulling himself away and groaning into the neck of his turtleneck.

"Whatever." He grumbled and handed you a bag full of stuff. "Here's what you wanted, let's go."

Sans then grabbed a rough hold of my arm and teleported with all of us to the bench. He then let go and sat down on the bench, obviously disproving of my small rebellion.

"Sans?"

"What, kid?" He growled, obviously still trying to let off the steam.

"Um...are you okay?" I didn't know what else to say. I wanted to apologise for getting him so angry, but that would be weird, considering that he let me win that argument.

He only nodded with a grunt.

"Give me my jacket back, kid."

Wide eyed, I glanced down at myself, finding that I did, in fact, still have his jacket. So with a swift jerk, I pulled off the entire thing and handed it back to him, as neatly as possible.

"Thanks." He sighed and placed it on. With an odd glance, he turned to me, raising a non-existent eyebrow. "Aren't you going to look in the bag?"

I only shrugged.

"Isn't it just art supplies?"

He only shrugged himself and broke into a weak smile.

"You tell me, kid."

Blinking, I brought myself down to the bag and began to open it, feeling Flowey begin to rustle under my hair.

"Be careful, Kara. You don't know what could be in there." He whispered, but I only ignored his warning. It wasn't like he was around to witness what Sans had done for me in the past couple of days. With interest, I opened the bag, finding a new set of clothing for myself as well as more art supplies than I had anticipated. My mouth was hanging open when I turned back to Sans in awe. Flowey stayed quiet.

"I don't understand..."

Sans only chuckled and turned his glance away from me.

"I know I told you that I'd take you to go shopping for your own things, but, uh, not exactly possible. So I just went ahead and got you some new stuff." He smiled as his glance turned back to mine. "You won't look as flashy in those, sorry if it's a little dark for you."

I only blinked as I turned back to the bag and started to pull out the new outfit, and just as he said, it was a little dark. But, in a way, I didn't really mind it.