Chapter-error!0976-

Everything was dark. Just black. Just from looking around, I knew that something was wrong. At least it seemed wrong.

I pulled myself up to my feet, feeling my burnt clothing as I did so. It scratched against my skin, giving me a clear reminder of what had happened. Toriel killed me. Aunt Frisk said that she was never the one to kill...why did she do that... Why didn't I trust Flowey when he told me something like this would happen?

There was a wave of frustration and defeat that crashed into me at the thought. How could I be so stupid?

I pressed my hands against my face, trying to make sense of myself and everything around me. This world isn't what Aunt Frisk said for it to be... I don't understand. I don't even know where I am now...

Groaning a bit, I looked back around me, finding that there appeared to be enough light for me to see myself, but nothing of my surroundings. It wasn't until now that I noticed the heart on my chest. Easily, I was able to see that it was a green heart, but it was covered in a layer of red, which was weird.

"Greetings."

A blitz of shock rippled through my spine as I jumped to see who the source of voice was. Looking up, I saw a girl, that looked exactly like myself, causing me to become even more confused than I was already. The only real different between us would be the outfits we wore; she had a green, knitted sweater, with a single cream colored stripe in it, and a pair of brown shorts.

"Who- who are you?" I asked, feeling my voice quiver under the process of trying to understand everything. The girl remained emotionless.

"My name is Chara."

"Kara?" I blinked in astonishment. "But....does that mean you're me?"

"No." The girl glanced away from me and looked around at the darkness. She eventually brought her stare back onto my face. "Your name is spelled 'K-A-R-A'... Mine is spelled out as 'C-H-A-R-A. I'm the one that everyone is mistaking you for."

"Well I wonder why!" I exclaimed sarcastically, comparing our outward appearances. "Why do you look like me?"

"I don't look like you." Chara responded, keeping her serious tone. "You look like me."

"Okay, whatever. Same thing." I muttered. "Please, tell me where am I? What am I doing here? Didn't I die?"

"Yes, you died. You're here because I brought you here. And you are in the world that I've been stuck in since I've died." She said, blinking as she said so. "I call it the Borderline."

"The Borderline?"

Chara nodded.

"It's basically a place between life and death where human souls stay if they have enough of the human will to keep them from death." She explained.

"Wait...so, I'm already dead?"

"I said that already."

"And you are too?"

"I thought that was obvious."

"Why are you here?"

"Because Flowey killed me and my Determination won't let me pass on."

I knew what Determination was; Mom told me about the traits and what part they played in the war.

"Why are you talking to me right now?" I asked, not exactly sure of what to think. Chara, for the first time, finally let out a grin and proceeded to answer.

"I'm going to help you live again."

I blinked in disbelief. I couldn't believe it. But, how?

"I don't understand."

"You want to live again, but you can't do it alone." Chara then took a step towards me. "I can help you get out of this place and with some time, maybe even out of the Underground."

"But how will you help me? You're already dead."

Chara only smiled.

"I know a trick or two. Just be ready when you get back to the Underground, because you're going to wake up right after you 'died'. Got that?"

"Yeah." I nodded, now kind of skeptical with what she said. I wasn't too sure of what to believe, but if I was already dead, I might as well take my chances. "Yeah..."

"But it refused."