Chapter-error!3972-

"What the fuck!?" I screamed out as I felt the darkness against my skin. It felt kind of weird, kind of damp. But that was the least of my worries. "Sans just fucking killed me?!"

"It appears so."

I watched as Chara approached me, her simple glance starting to blink at my aggression.

"Why?!"

"It's quite simple... The ability to remember past a RESET is only capable through a Determination soul, that fell down here."

"What?!"

Confusion spun through my head.

"I don't understand."

Chara made her way in front of me, and without warning, pushed me down into a chair that I hadn't noticed before. I yelped as she did so.

"It's simple. Just listen." She muttered as she sat down as well, now summoning some random chair to her use. I watched as one of her legs swung over the other, making herself quite comfortable. "To RESET is to basically erase time and go back to when your Determination first became active. So, in other words, Flowey is going to go back about two years in order to get you out of here."

"Why does Sans killing me have to do with any of this?" I asked, feeling anger nip at my lungs. I felt betrayed- actually no, I'm fucking hurt.

"Because when Flowey decides to RESET, you won't remember falling down here and hence, you'll fall back in here again. That's the problem."

"I don't understand why me having to be here solves anything."

Chara only nodded.

"I can see that." She paused and sighed. "Well, in a way, you coming back here is Sans' way of telling me to help you remember past the RESET."

"Because... I can't remember past the RESET?"

"Yes. You can't."

I frowned at her. Deep down, I wanted to land questions on her, but I felt like we could have argued about it for too long, and personally, I didn't want to stay dead forever.

"So, Sans killed me so you could help me?"

"Yes." She muttered and reached her hand out to me. She waved her fingers, causing my soul to appear. "I mean, I can save you from death, why not try to help you remember RESETS while we're at it!" She snarled out in bitter sarcasm. From the way she said it, I lost hope in leaving the Underground. I'm going to be down here forever...

I watched as my soul slowly began to merge towards a more reddish hue, darkening just ever so slightly.

"Interesting... It working..." Chara mumbled, almost to herself. Her eyes glanced up towards me, showing off some sort of sense of victory. "Maybe this stupid plan of his would actually work."

"Stupid plan?"

"Well, of course. We do have a near-identical gene pattern, it's easier to merge soul traits that way."

"Merge...soul traits?"

"Well, yes. It's not something you should do, in fact, it's actually quite dangerous. But I mean, what's the worse that could happen? You are, after all, already dead."

"I wouldn't know..." I mumbled, feeling a weird, buzzing feeling my chest. My soul started to beat again, pulsing along with my heartbeat. "Wait..." I gave her an odd glance. "Similar gene pattern? Us?"

She blinked, proving that she could truly, actually be surprised.

"It appears that I forgot to tell you." She chuckled and shrugged a bit. "Well, to make things simple, I possessed your grandfather's soul back when the War for Surface happened, and well, that kind of ruined his whole gene pool..."

"What?!" I spat, my brain immediately fogging up with the knowledge. "What?!"

"Yeah, it's a lot, I know. Souls are quite fragile and are very well related to the physical self. When I absorbed it, it kind of messed with your appearance."

"What?"

"And because (y/n) was already born, my physical traits just passed through her, leading onto you." Chara muttered, now shrugging again at me. "Sorry about that."

"What?!" I blinked at her, my chest starting to feel a little fuzzy from the confusion. My nerves were screaming out, just trying to make sense of everything.

"Oh, would you look at the time!" Chara chuckled nervously and looked down at her wrist. She didn't have a watch. "Looks like you're leaving the Borderline. See ya!"

"No, what-!"

"But it refused."