Chapter Three

"What have I done?"

"Okay, listen, Kara. This world, this whole world, is not what you think it is. Everyone here is violent, and they are not afraid to kill you. You have to know how to defend yourself against these monsters." Flowey lectured as I started through the Ruins. The format, as far as I knew, was similar to how Aunt Frisk had described it, but there were a couple things that I wasn't aware of.

"But can't I just be nice to everyone? You know, just give everyone mercy?" I asked, looking at the flower as I traveled along.

"No! Not at all! Because the monsters here despise humans, they are more than willing to kill in order to break the barrier again." Flowey then turned to me. "They will take your soul if they get the chance to."

"But there has to be some good in them still, right?"

Flowey just looked up at me hopelessly.

"The only good thing out of this is the fact that I actually believe you're (y/n)'s daughter."

"Well..." I didn't know what to say to that. "I don't know."

"Look, Kara. You need to get out of the Ruins if you want to leave. Best to be unnoticed, but the chance of that is very well...slim. And because that chance is slim, you need to know how to attack monsters without mercy."

"Without mercy?"

"Yes. Look, as much as I hate to say it, but in a crooked world like this, it's kill or be killed." The flower said, glancing around the room. I could only stay silent to a saying like that. That's such a...such a brutal rule.

Continuing my walk, I made my way through the Ruins, but within time, I found my way to a huge bridge that was covered in deadly looking spikes.

"What kind of puzzle is this?" I asked, almost laughing at the overkilled effort put into a thing like this.

"It's kind of like a code. You have to know how to walk through the puzzle in order to pass. Lucky for you, I actually know the sequence." Flowey said and started to direct me through the puzzle. I found that for the spikes that were safe, they would just sink into the ground under the pressure of my foot. Completely harmless.

I eventually made my way across the bridge, thanking Flowey as I did so.

"It's not a problem, Kara." He let out a weak grin, seeming glad with the 'thanks'. I only smiled back and started off into the next room, which was a long hallway with a single, broken pillar at the end. Weird.

I didn't mind it though as I walked pass it and into the next room. Inside, I found that there were large patches of what appeared to be red flowers. Yet, they were unfamiliar to any odf the kind that I've seen on the surface.

"K-Kara...you have company." Flowey warned as he shrunk into my hair, as if trying to hide away. I turn to follow his glance and ahead of us, I found that there was a large frog about ten feet away from me. Upon instinct, I began to back away, but Flowey scolded me before I could do so. "You have to stay focused, Kara. You can't show fear around in a place like this. Look, that monster over there is called a Froggit. It doesn't understand human languages too well, so, if you're going to mercy, I wish you good luck."