Chapter Ten

"Sans?"

"Hm?"

The skeleton glanced at me with his hands still stuffed into his jacket pockets. I was sitting next to him, poking my chest to see how far I've recovered from my past injury.

Currently, we were both at the huge, cave like room, just sitting and looking around. It's been a couple days since Sans found out about my parents divorce, and I guess he took it more strongly than I imagined.

"I want to make something."

He only blinked at me.

"Go make a flower crown."

I only chuckled at returned his glance.

"No, Sans. Like, I was knit stuff together. I wanna make something," I paused, trying to understand my sudden desire to create, "I just want to make something cool."

"Kid, you do know-"

"That the whole town hates you? Yeah, I know." I muttered and stood up, glancing around at the flowers and the dirt. Brushing off my shorts and leggings, I looked at him, giving him a smile. "I'll just go with you, that way you won't be hated alone."

Upon the moment he heard my words, Sans slammed his head into his hand and groaned.

"Please tell me that was joke."

"Eh..."

He only sighed and shook his head.

"So, it wasn't."

The skeleton stood up and took his jacket off. With a light grumble, he tossed his sweater onto me, causing myself to yelp.

"S-Sans?" I mumbled out as I fumbled the jacket of of me to look at him.

"I'll go get you your things, kid. What exactly do you want?"

"But I wanted to go with you...oh nevermind." I laughed out of frustration and bit my lip. "I want the color of red and black. And then I want a set of knitting needles."

"Kay. Don't leave this place, I'll be back in a bit." He said with a light shrug, now seeming somewhat hesitant to leave. I only gave him an odd glance as I held out his jacket to him.

"Aren't you going to take this?"

He only shrugged again.

"It might be awhile until I get back, so, uh...if it gets cold, then use- oh, what the fuck. You already know what to do. Right?"

"Yeah... You just put one arm in the sleeve and the other like this." I chuckled out at his unnecessary concern and placed on the jacket. Now laughing a bit, I looked up at him, holding up my arms to exaggerate how much larger his jacket was to myself. The ends of the sleeves would hang off of my hands, making them droop.

Sans only smiled at me.

"Heh, alright then, kid." His smirk then cooled down into a stern glare. "Don't leave this place, do you hear me?"

I nodded.

"And if someone comes here, you hide in the shadows. Got it?"

"Yeah, Daaaaad, I got it." I laughed tauntingly, only getting him to start steaming from the tease. Deep down, I was surprised by how right that sounded.

"Whatever, kid." He rolled his eyes and teleported away, causing me to giggle and eventually, sigh.

The sound of falling water accompanied my thoughts, giving me a somewhat calm atmosphere.

"Dad, huh?" I mumbled to myself through a smile, feeling that jab in my heart. "Nice one, Kara. Nice one."

With a pit of silence, I pulled myself to the ground, tightly pulling Sans' jacket around myself. It smelled a lot like him, and it was comforting. A weird comforting.