Chapter Two

"She wasn't supposed to fall in."

I groaned a bit as I felt myself wake up. My vision was still blurry, and the whole world looked as if it was spinning. My head was holding onto a huge migraine, causing tears to whelm up into my eyes. I rubbed my eyes, wiping away the tears, and tried to bring my world back into focus.

It took me a couple minutes to lose to the headache, and most of the impaired vision. I was grateful for that.

Inspecting the surroundings, I saw nothing but dark, rock walls that encased me into what appeared to be this small room that I sat in. The walls grew so large and tall, it showed off a small circle of light (about the size of a golf ball) above me that was very much the surface world. The surface is up there, huh...

I then scanned the room, yet again.

That would mean I'm in the Underground...

I couldn't believe it. I was literally dragged in here, it wasn't like I jumped in.

Oh God, Mom is going to kill me...Who's gonna believe a story where I got dragged into here by a fricken vine?

Glancing around, I brought myself to stand, and as soon as I did, a thought came across my mind. How the heck did I survive this fall? Let alone...without any injury?

I didn't know how to reason that out, other than the fact that I was a magician. But even then, that didn't make any sense. I had an amazing healing factor, but I've never healed that quickly before. And from the looks of my clothing, I wasn't down her for very long. Maybe I've been here for a day at most?

I didn't know what to think, but I accepted it. Just look at the bright side, I mean, at least I'm not hurt.

Shaking off the odd inconsistency, I glanced around the whole place. Looking down at my feet, I found a few dead, golden flowers. Tapping the ground with my foot, I could easily tell that the dirt was dry. No one had been taking care of this place. Weird.

According to Aunt Frisk, a goat monster, known as Toriel normally comes down here to check this area for humans and tend the flowers here, but maybe because she made up with Asgore, they were at the end of the Underground?

As I began to walk, I felt something in my back pocket, and there I found my broken phone. Great.

So with some picking and discarding, I pulled out the broken technology and tossed it off somewhere near the walls. Sorry...

I then started to walk around the closed in space, and it didn't take me long to find a small hallway that led to a huge entrance. This opening was bordered with great detail that appeared to be unknown from the human world. Interesting.

Looking passed the entrance, my eyes had just adjusted to the darkness enough for me to make out what appeared to be a golden flower on a small, grass bed in the middle of the room. I peeked out, trying to get a better look at it, when I saw it move, and turn it's head to me. At that gesture, our glances met, it being more frightened than my own.

"A-A human?!" It perked up and looked at me, now frantic.

"Hey, no need to be afraid. I'm not going to hurt you." I said softly, slowly approaching the flower. Frisk had told me that monsters are normally scared like we are, or they just want to play, but they never mean harm. If I was just patient and allowed mercy upon them, then eventually I could befriend them and it would all be okay.