Chapter Twelve

I woke up on the bench, with Flowey nudging my face and Sans sitting at the end of the seat.

"Hey, Kara. We have to leave right now."

"Right now?" I mumbled, now rolling off the bench and into the grass. It wasn't that far of a fall, in fact, I was used to it. Sleepily, I rubbed my eyes, trying to get my grogginess away from my mind. "I still need...to finish the sweater thing..."

"Kid, it's early, I know. I'm sorry, but if you want to get out of here, leaving now is the best time. No one is awake yet, and I could teleport you to the end of the barrier without getting much attention." Sans explained as he pulled me into my own feet, trying to steady my seating body. I yawned, trying to fix my own awareness on him.

"But your sweater...?"

"Who cares? I'd rather have you back to your mother than have you here any longer. Come on."

I blinked at him, trying to decide what to do with myself. Huh...

"But-"

"You don't get a say in this kid. We're leaving now." Sans' voice grew serious as he grabbed a hold of my arm.

"I don't want to go yet! At least let me finish this!" I yelled at him and yanked my arm out of his grasp. "I could finish it in a couple of hours!"

"Kara. This isn't me making the decision, okay?" Sans growled and grabbed my arm again, now keeping on an iron grip. "This is me getting you back to where you belong and back to your mother who is literally worried sick about you!"

I only felt my eyebrows curl out of a small pit of anger, causing me to scowl at him.

"Fine." I grumbled, feeling a small part of my heart fall apart. The world around me blitzed into an unfamiliar setting, giving me a sense of curiosity. I refused to act upon my wonder. I had better things to do, like focus on my sulking. Kara, this is the end, huh? Going home?

I looked around me, finding myself in a dark cave-like structure. Behind myself, I saw seven glass cases. Six of them were empty, but there was one that had a green colored soul, glowing softly. It looked exactly like my own.

"Sans...is that?"

"A human soul? Yes. That's a soul. One fell down here a couple years ago, and she got torn apart because she's just like you. Naive and too kind." Sans grumbled and pulled my glance away from it. His hands then clamped around my head as he stared me straight in the eyes. "Do you know what would happen to you if Chara wasn't so nice with you?"

He huffed, shaking me a bit.

"You'd be dead on Toriel's floor. You'd stay there, just as a dead, cold body and it wouldn't be until now that she comes and actually cleans and disposes of it. Yeah, she leaves you down there." Sans growled, his eyes started to weaken at the thought. "She has her own sanity to keep track of... Oh God..."

He let go of my head, now shaking his own.

"I don't want that to happen to you, kid. And sure as hell, I'm not letting them tear you apart like this poor kid." He muttered as he glanced over at the lonely soul. I didn't move towards it, in fact, I was kind of afraid of it. It was covered in splatters of blood, and it appeared to be looking at the both of us.

That could have been me.

I was so stuck into thought, I didn't realize Flowey slide off my hand until he actually fell off. He only gave me a weak smile, causing my body to sit down next to him. Slowly, I had my fingers twist around his petals sadly. I didn't really notice until now, but this was probably good bye. Already...