Chapter Eight

"Kara... You're lucky that I'm able to bring you back this often...but it's straining me each time. It's getting riskier."

For the next couple of days, I spent my time in that small room with a bench, trying to recover from my injuries. Sans would stay with me pretty often, only to leave during the night so he could stay updated with Papyrus. Even through Sans had theoretically betrayed him, he still let him stay in the house.

For the nights, Sans had progressively given me a pillow, several blankets, a new change of clothing (another fitted turtleneck and gym shorts), and finally (and thankfully), my bra and underwear back. It was quite awkward when he did though; he couldn't look me in the eye.

For myself, I was grateful. I quickly changed that night when he left. Over the course of the next couple of days, we've gotten to know each other and were more comfortable with talking. He even returned my pictures, which I appreciated.

I've been awake for awhile now, just messing with some of the stray grass. Along the sides of the wall, I've noticed that there were small, white flowers that grew along there. Until now, I haven't attempted to leave the bench, but out of pure boredom and partial recovery, I moved out of the small cocoon of blankets that Sans had bundled around me.

Currently, I was sitting near one of the walls, with a blanket around me because it was quite cold around here. The flowers that I began to pick at were quite cute, being small and tiny. With a handful of them, I started to messily assemble a flower crown. It kept falling apart, but with different methods and some time, I was able to get the plants to stick together.

"Frisk would make a lot of those when she fell down here."

I smiled, immediately knowing who it was.

"Hey, Sans. What took you so long?" I glanced up at him, finding that he brought me another burger.

"Well, it's quite hard to get you anything when the whole damn population hates you, so ya know..." He grumbled and tossed you the meal. I caught it, dropping the flower crown as I did so. Sans appeared to be stressed, almost pissed with whatever had happened, and I was quick to address it.

"What happened today?" I asked, now making my way to sit next to him on the bench. He only shook his head and hid his face with his right hand.

"I have no fucking idea how I'm going to get you into the damn house again. And with everyone hating me, it's all just fucking AMAZING." He paused and sighed a bit, glancing at me. I had started to eat the burger, so I could only imagine how weird it was for him to be super pissed, and find that he was ranting to a young, 14 year old girl, eating a burger.

"Well..." I started, unsure of where I was going with this. "Why don't you let me try to reason with them?"

"What?" He growled out of disbelief. "No!"

"Well, why not? I mean, if I come back and figure out what's wrong-"

"Kid. They want your damned soul to break the fricken barrier. Do you understand that?"

"Of course, I do!"

"Then, no. The only way I'd ever let you fucking go and meet them is if you'd beat the shit outta them." He then glanced at me with a knowing expression. "But we can both agree that you wouldn't do that."

"Why would I?" I muttered out, taking another bite of my burger.

"Because you're too nice." He said, trying to mimic my voice.

"Well, what's the point? Fighting gets nowhere, and as you had personally witnessed, everyone became hostile." I mumbled and started to eat my burger a little faster, that way I'd be able to maybe argue my way into this.

"All of those 'nice' monsters, died. They got fucking killed. So, I don't know what you think you're gonna do that'll be so fricken good, but whatever it is, don't do it." He growled and snapped his head away from me, suggesting that he wanted this conversation finished.

"So? What if I do get killed and die? You could just absorb my soul and keep it from them if you care about staying down here so much." I grumbled and started to fold the leftover paper from the burger. "If I'm in danger, I die. And if I die, monsters can leave."

Rather be killed than killed...

Sans turned to me, now looking slightly more angry than before.

"Do you know who fricken locked everyone down here?"

"Mom-"

"Me. I did. And if you don't believe me, then when you get the fuck out of here, you can ask her."

I stopped, feeling the disbelief begin to sweep within me.

"No way..." I shook my head and stood up from the bench. "I don't believe it!"

"Well... It doesn't really matter anyways..." Sans grumbled and glared at the wall across from him. "Let's go."

"Go where?" I asked, still feeling that lingering bit of irritation in my stomach.

"Somewhere. I can teach you how to defend yourself, so at least you'll have some chance of surviving out here." He lended me his hand, causing me to take it, and lose my vision to the light.

A/N: IM SORRY. IM SORRY. IM SORRY.

I haven't been updating and this part is SO FLIPPING SHORT.

>.< Okay, so, to explain why I've been like this lately, I've been designing an AU.... (I'm so sorry, lame excuse), and also been catching up with my school work. School is just around the corner and I'm WAY behind.

I will be back! I just need some time, and I figured that I let you guys know, so don't worry! Updates will be back!

Thank you for being patient and I'll see you guys around! :)

Love, you guys! <33