Chapter 6: "Prison"

Ć H Á P Ť E Ř  6

The king didn't say anything for a while, just stared at Rogue. "A young girl?" He finally spoke in question. "Yes Sir." The commander stepped to the front, looking sheepish. "Trust me, she is." He mumbled rubbing his throat.

The king raised his eyebrows and looked to his wife, all she did was shrug. The king looked back to a smirking Rogue and tapped his ring covered fingers against his throne.

"We cannot imprison a young woman." This just made Rogue smiles widen. "But your majesty, she's killed thousands." Vincent argued making the king frown. "Vincent there must be a reason for it." His gaze fell on Rogue.

"Is there?" She was debating on lying but ended up telling him half the story. "I've know this all my life, I was trained to become like this. I do not to this for fun or for sport, I do it because I get paid. So you can call me a hint woman but I do it to survive." She didn't look at anyone as she spoke.

They wouldn't believe her anyway, expecially Vincent. He had witnessed her kill one of his men without a reason, well not a good reason. "And what about that innocent man, one of my men." Vincent snapped.

"I was not responsible for that man's death. How was I suppose to know that that sword was meant to kill me and not him." She stared right into his piercing blue eyes as she replied. It was half the truth and she wasn't going to stop feeling remorse for all the people she's killed, including that man.

The king cleared his throat, silencing everyone before Vincent could talk. "She will be sent to a cell, you will not harm her but you will treat her like any other prisoner." She was grateful that they hadn't chosen the death penalty.

Vincent gripped her arm painfully and began dragging her down the hall. He stopped at a door and yanked it open. He lead her down the stairs to the basement.

They passed cells, men and women in cells begging and pleading to be let out. She got pushed into one and the door quickly closed behind and locked. "Have a nice time in prison." Vincent spat walking away, leaving Rogue alone...
Just like she was before.