Chapter 10: "Dinner is served"

Ć H Á P Ť E Ř  10

"Rogue this is the prince and my son, Zander." She glazed at the boy who sent her a smirk. "Hello." She said firmly as he nodded. "Hello."

Dinner was served, it was all so much to Rogue. All she normally ate was bread and soup. She normally fed a stray dog that visited her and she gave most of her money to a church she normally went to.

It must be weird thinking that a murderer goes to church but she does try at least make her sins a little less by going. Not that they would disappear forever, they would never go away and she knew that.

"How is the food dear?" The Queen spoke looking at Rogue. "Oh uh it's lovely." Rogue awkwardly said, stuffing a few pieces of chicken into her mouth. The Queen smiled and nodded.

"We really are thankful that you will protect Zander." The Queen began making her son groan. "Mother don't remind me that a girl will be protecting me." Rogues eyes grew sharp as she sent a glare to the prince.

"I'd watch your mouth around Rogue if I were you boy." The king warned making his son frown. "I give her permission to do what ever it takes to make you obey and respect her." Rogue smiled widely making the prince worry.

"F-Father." Zander squeaked making his father laugh. "Don't worry, she's not allowed to kill you." The king sent Rogue a wink, taking her back a bit. It even took the commander and Vincent back a bit.

Zander scowled looking back down at his food. "Don't worry, a girl can't hurt you right." Rogue glared at the prince making him gulp.

Dinner was thankfully over and Vincent had to show Rogue to her room. "The king seems to like you." Vincent broke the silence making her sigh. "It seems so." Another silence over-lapped them until they got to her room. "Be ready by 6, we have training." Then he was off.