Chapter 22: "Let's see where this goes"

Ć H Á P Ť E Ř  22

Rogue always wondered what it'd be like to have a normal childhood. To have friends and go to birthday parties, not have a care in the world because you were only a young child.

"Again!" The ten year old girl spun in the air, letting her foot connect with the dummy but yet it wasn't enough for her master. "You need more force." Aaron ordered, his booming voice echoing off the concrete walls.

She looked down, holding back the tears threatening to fall. She stepped back before spinning, doing the same move over again until the dummy fell to the floor.

"Now punch!" Aaron roared. It took Rogue all her will to not flinch at his tone. She drew back her small fist, making sure she formed it the way Aaron had showed her.

She threw it forward, slamming it against the dummy's torso. It left a small dent, stuffing from inside poking out from its sides. "That was better. You'll get food tonight."

That's how it went. If she didn't do it well, she wouldn't get food.

Rogue looked at the gates, her thoughts running a mile per hour. She hadn't seen Aaron in a while, she had hoped not to see him ever again but there he was. Standing behind the gates, two of his students that Rogue had known behind him.

He was a big man. Only in his late fifties, but for his age he looked well. He was bald, had a tattoo on both biceps. He had a scar right under his left eye, his eyes were a deep brown almost black. His muscles were bulky and ugly. He was just a monster inside and out.

He grinned, revealing yellow stained teeth as he watched Rogue ride up on a horse. She had no idea how he found her, he might have heard the news that they caught the infamous killer.

"Ah Rogue dear, what a pleasure." Aaron greeted once she got off the horse and stood a few centimetres away from the gate. She didn't bother looking up at him, just settled on looking passed him.

"The pleasure isn't mine." She replied bitterly folding her arms behind her back, both hands holding onto the daggers. "Don't be like that, remember who kept you alive." He chuckled deeply.

A fourteen year old Rogue lay on the grass, bleeding from her side wound. Blood dripped onto the green grass, staining it until the rain or water washed it away.

Her eyes were half shut, her breathing hollow. She could still hear the sickening chuckles of the boys who had just beat her up.

Living the life of a girl who was favourite to her teacher wasn't pleasant. She got beaten up by jealousy and called horrible names.

Aaron found her and treated her wounds, but he didn't punish the boys who did the damage. All he said was, "Karma will get them." Yet it never did.

"I didn't need your help, it would of been better if you'd never helped!" She spat making him raise an eyebrow. "Now what do you want?"