Chapter 13: "Not awkward at all..."

Ć H Á P Ť E Ř  13

Dinner was, to say the least, very awkward. Zander avoided Rogues gaze, not that she wanted him to catch it.

She was quite sure that everyone at the table could feel the awkward tension. "How was training today?" Luckily the king decided to break it.

Before Zander or Vincent could speak, Rogue did. "Zanders skill in fighting is extremely poor." Everyone stared at her eye wide, except the king.

"Is that so?" He raised a brow as she nodded. "He can barely make a fist that won't result in breaking his thumb."

Zander went to speak but his father held up a hand silencing him. "Well I suppose you and Vincent will have to work on that." She nodded along with Vincent.

"I'll make sure by the end of next week he'll be able to make a fist." She smirked holding back a snicker. She caught sight of Vincents smirk making her some what proud that she managed to make him smile.

After dinner the king decided to retire to bed early along with his wife. Rogue was on her way to her room when a hand stopped her. "You should come meet the soldiers. The ones who don't know about you." Vincent said quietly.

Of course, the ones who knew about her were either scared or hated her. She nodded stiffly and followed him down the hall. She was confused on why he'd do this, she thought he was one of the people that hated her.

"Did the king ask you to do this?" She asked glancing at him from the corner of her eye. He sighed and shook his head. "No." She decided to keep her mouth shut and see where he'd take her.

×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×
♡Sorry for the short chapter
-Mia♡