Chapter 29: "Attack!"

Ć H Á P Ť E Ř 29

Vincent led Rogue inside, there were a dozen people in the huge ballroom. Some dancing, talking, drinking and laughing together.

Rogue bit her lip nervously and went to step back when a hand stopped her by laying itself on her lower back. The familiar sparks told her it was Vincent.

"Don't worry." He whispered in her ear. She nodded slowly and let him lead her towards Zander who looked surprisingly handsome. All the girls around him seemed to notice to making Rogue smile.

Zander spotted them and excused himself from the group of woman. He grinned at Rogue as his eyes travelled between the two. His eyes twinkled mischievously as he stopped in front of them.

"Why hello you two." Vincent raised a brow at Zanders tone but ignored him. Rogue only noticed that Vincents hand was on her back because of the way Zander stared.

She blushed but looked away. "You should stay with me." She said to Zander watching the people. Two men stood in the corner, both wore black and looked out of place.

They kept looking around making Rogue feel uneasy. Her hand instinctly went to her thighs as she watched them. "Why, is someone jealous." Vincent grunted as Zander smirked.

Rogue let out a snort and looked back to the two. "Never. It's because of those two guys." She nodded in their direction making them look. Vincents face hardened as he dropped his hand from Rogues lower back.

His hand reached to his belt where she caught a glimpse of a sword. She looked back to the two men who were staring, she held her breath and watched the blonde talk on the phone.

A scream filled the air along with a windows shattering. Rogue quickly got out her daggers and made Zander stand in between Vincent and her.

"Everyone out!" The King's voice rang through the ball but hooded men were already inside. Two men got stabbed and left for dead.

One ran at Rogue making her smirk. He lunged towards her with his sword, she ducked and pushed Zander back into Vincent.

She jumped when he tried tripping her. She twirled her daggers and jumped onto him. She knocked him down and landed on top of him.

He used the end of his swords handle and hit her head. She grunted feeling it connect with her forehead but she stood her ground.

She stabbed him in the chest, watching the blood soak his black shirt. She jumped up and back flipped over the person behind her, the guy faced her with a sword and thrusted it in her direction.

She moved to the side and slipped behind him with speed. She held one dagger to his neck and quickly slit his throat.

She was an assassin, a hint woman so there was no mercy or remorse in killing these men.