Chapter 23: "Karma always gets you"

Ć H Á P Ť E Ŕ  23

"I want my money." His eyes hardened, all playfulness gone from his cold brown eyes. She crossed her arms, showing the three men her daggers.

"I don't have your money and even if I did, why would I give it to you?" She smirked seeing his anger grow. He stepped towards the gate earning him a few swords in his direction from the guards.

He chuckled bitterly, "I see you managed to get the king on your side. How did that happen, get into his sons pants." She laughed shaking her head.
"I'm the boys guard." She twirled the daggers tauntingly. "Now off you go before the king sends orders to kick you off." She grinned as he glared.

"You can't stay in the castle all your life dear." Aaron turned and left, Philip and Danny the two assassins she knew glared as well before leaving behind the old man.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, feeling a little spark knowing who it was. "You alright?" Vincents soothing voice was enough to help her relax. She smiled and nodded.

"Yeah." Without warning he wrapped his arms around her. She was lost for words and quite dumbfounded but ended up hugging him back.

They stayed in each others arms for a while before Vincent pulled away looking sheepish. "Let's go tell the king he's gone." He said awkwardly making her internally sigh.

"Yes let's go.."

×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×
♡Sorry for the short chapter, the previous chapter hopefully makes up for it
-Mia♡