Chapter 2: "Not blood, berries"

Ć H Á P Ť E Ř 2

Rogues breathing was heavy as they stared at each other intensely. "Sorry sir but this is not blood, it's berry stains." She was lucky enough that her voice didn't crack.

The one thing she didn't expect was when he began laughing. His laugh sounded warm and soothing, so was his voice in fact. It was an even bigger surprise when he gripped her arm.

"It sure doesn't smell like berries. It's a metallic smell and last I checked, hunting your own food is illegal." He smirked making her frown. Well at least he didn't suspect she had just killed someone.

"Are you going to put me in jail?" She asked raising a brow. "Why yes." He raised an eyebrow smugly. She quickly kneed him in the crotch before slipping both daggers out her belt. She held them up and put on her best stone-cold expression on.

"I'm sorry, but you won't be putting me in jail." She kicked him in the stomach hearing him grunt and slam into a tree directly behind him. Rogue quickly turned and sprinted off, hearing the man bark orders.

Now she was definitely going to jail. She sighed shaking her head. She slipped one of her daggers in her belt and jumped up. She gripped the nearest tree branch and pulled herself up, letting herself rest on top of it.

She leaned against the tree as she sat on the branch, staying still and silent. She heard pounding footsteps coming in her direction. She caught sight of a light and waited, debating whether to ambush them or let them pass.

They stopped right under her, "Her footsteps stop right here sir." One man said as the other one bent down to examine her steps. "Then look up!" The dark head she faced stopped behind them. She mentally cursed as she stood and dropped down.

She grabbed her other dagger and spun the two in her hands. "Let me leave and I'll let you have your life." She stated calmly.

The dark head smirked and chuckled bitterly. "Get her." He ordered making her sigh. The two men in front went at her with their swords. She ducked under one and lifted her leg, kicking the other out of the other man's hand.

She jumped, tackling the one with the sword. She pinned him, knocking the guy unconscious. She heard the second man coming towards them. She swapped positions, the man on top and her at the bottom.

Before the second man could figure out they swapped, his sword pierced through the unconscious man on top of Rogue. The scream of the man who held the sword could have possibly been heard throughout the woods.

She pushed aside the dead man and quickly stood up. She was ready to run but two men appeared behind her and held her captive.

"You have murder on your hands. Was it worth it?" The dark head male was on her right, holding her arm firmly. Rogue laughed shaking her head, "Not my first kill, and it won't be my last." She knew she sounded crazy but it was true.

"Who are you?" The shaky man on her left asked, her eyes were still on the sobbing solider. He was holding his buddy that he had just killed. She felt guilty because it turned out to be for nothing.

"Your worst nightmare that starts with an Ř."