Chapter 27: "Ball?"

Ć H Á P Ť E Ř 27

Rogue walked into the kitchen, greeting the nightly cooks before helping herself to some food.

After she filled her stomach she headed towards the library. She walked in and froze, mentally beating herself up.

Vincent sat in her usual spot staring at the ground, lost in space. Deciding that it would be very immature if she ran now she walked towards him. She cleared her throat, scaring the daylights out of Vincent.

He jumped up and looked at her. "I'm sorry." He blurted out before she could say anything. She pursed her lips before sighing, "It's okay, I get why you'd think the prince and I-" "Not about that, about Zandaya kissing me."

She furrowed her brow and crossed her arms. "Why are you saying sorry to me?" He came closer, Rogue felt her heart pick up the pace of her heart rate when he did.

"Because.." he gave her that look that got her stomach doing flips. He brushed a strand of hair from her cheek and brushed it behind her ear. It was cheesy but it made her blush, he seemed to notice and it brought a smile to his face.

He leaned closer, his breath brushing her cheek and ear. "There's ball tomorrow night, dress nicely. I'll be at your room at seven." His hand brushed her waist before he disappeared out the library.

She blushed brightly and closed her eyes, evening her breathing. He sure took a lot out of her but she was still a little hurt and confused.

She shook her head, she was suppose to be the most fearless assassin there is. She's not suppose to be falling in love and especially not Vincent. Wait...did she just say falling in love...no no...she doesn't think so.