Chapter 5 - Hidden Truths

No POV
-
Harmony wakes up with the ground covered in flowers. The sky was completely white. Not covered in clouds, just white. W-where.. am I?.." Harmony says softly sitting up and looking around. "W-what is this place.." she thinks picking a flower from the ground. She stares at it wondering

'Welcome Princess Harmony.' A voice says causing Harmony to look behind her. There stood a blue deer like Pokémon. Her horns represented the letter X. "X-Xerneas?.." Harmony questions surprised. "What.. is this place? What am I doing here?.. 'Shush princess.. I'll explain everything to you.'

"What do you mean everything?" Harmony asks as curiosity fills her mind. Something appears behind Harmony. 'Sit princess.' Xerneas tells Harmony and Harmony looks to see a tree stump and she sits down. Xerneas nods her head and the ground disappears beneath them.

Harmony and Xerneas fall but land softly. Harmony looks around and recognizes what building she is now in. "This is home.." Harmony says in awe looking at pillars leading outside. The way she travelled so often. 'This is your home. 14 years and 112 days ago. The day of your birth.' Xerneas tells Harmony as a person rushes by passing through the legendary Pokémon.

"W-what? Why on the day of my birth? What's so significant?" Harmony asks trying to touch a maids hand but she can't. "Why can't I touch them?" 'There's something I need to show you. And you can't touch the people because to them, right now you don't exist.' Xerneas answer and starts to walk towards Harmony's parents room. Harmony quickly gets up and follows.

"Ashy look at them both.. they are so adorable." Harmony hears from outside the room as she approaches with Xerneas. Harmony walks to the door and passes right through it. Immediately she notices her mother holding two children. New born children. One had Serena's Blonde hair and the other Ash's black hair. 'That is you. And your twin brother. His name is Jacob.'

Harmony looks at Xerneas. "I-I have a twin brother?" She asks looking at the two children. Little Harmony was sleeping and Jacob was sucking on his thumb. 'You did have a twin brother. Sadly he didn't make it past 2 months. He had a sickness I could not cure. You had it too. He died but I just barely managed to save you with a flower.'

Suddenly the floor disappeared again and they were in a dark room. She could hear her mother crying along with her father. She walked over to them followed by Xerneas. In a little crib was Jacob. An unmoving Jacob. '14 years and 64 days ago. The day of Jacobs death.' Xerneas says sadly. 'An unknown illness had affected you and Jacob. It caused you two to be in great pain.'

Harmony then heard a little her struggle to cry as she coughed uncontrollably. Tears were in the child's eyes as she tried to scream and cry. "Xerneas please.. you must save our daughter.. do anything to save her.. save Harmony.." Serena said looking at the door and Harmony saw Xerneas walk through the door.

'I am sorry my Queen.. I haven't found a way to cure her sickness..' Xerneas said looking at the ground. "I'm begging you do anything! Anything!" Serena shouted as she dropped to her knees and starts to cry more. 'Very well.. there may be a way to save her. But it may not work..'

"Do it! Please.." Serena begged as Ash hugged Serena tightly. 'Very well.' Xerneas responds bowing her head and a flower appears and floats in front of Xerneas. If this doesn't work I'm afraid my Queen that..' Xerneas starts before getting interrupted. "I said do it.. I don't need to hear what'll happen if it doesn't work.."

Xerneas walks towards little Harmony and puts the flower above the coughing girl. Harmony reaches out with her tiny hand to grab the stem. Her arms fall short and they fall back down as she starts coughing uncontrollably again. Xerneas lowers the flower and it disappears inside Harmony.

The little girls coughing starts to die down and she closes her eyes as she falls asleep. 'We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if she pulls through my Queen.' Xerneas says and Serena nods. The room in front of Harmony and the present Xerneas before it becomes the same room.

Little Harmony was awake and is breathing, lifting her arms. "My little girl! She's okay!" Serena shouts running to little Harmony picking her up in her arms. "Harmony don't ever leave.." Serena adds kissing her forehead. Little Harmony giggles and reaches for Serena.

"That explains why they are so protective.." Harmony says looking at the ground. "Xerneas watch over her for me.." Serena asks the legendary. 'As you wish my Queen'  The past Xerneas says bowing her head. 'The flower will protect her.' And just like that the floor disappears sending present Xerneas and Harmony falling.

She then lands in the village near her castle. She sees little her, though older, running towards Serena with a flower in her hand. It looked like the one that Xerneas used to save her life. "Mommy look what I did!" Younger Harmony calls out showing Serena the flower. "Where did you get this?" Serena asks cautiously grabbing the flower. "I picked a flower from the ground near the flower shop and it turned into this!"

Serena sighs. "You can't show anyone else this little one." Serena says getting a sad look from younger Harmony. "Why? It's so pretty! Can I show Daddy?" Little Harmony asks hopeful. "Alright. But only to daddy." Serena says smiling grabbing younger Harmony's hand.

"Isn't that.." Harmony asks confused. 'The flower I used to save you? Yes that's the flower. The flower I healed you with gave you the ability to turn other flowers into the kind. However bad people figured out you had the ability to create healing flowers. They wanted it for themselves. Selfish'

The scene became something else. "Where's mommy and Daddy?! Help me Daddy!" The younger Harmony shouted as she was being carried through the village. All of a sudden Ash appeared with a sword pointed at the kidnappers. "How dare you take my daughter! I will make you pay!"

Ash engaged in a sword fight with 3 captors. One had managed to get a scratch on Ash. 'The swords they had, had poison on the tips. They had poisoned your father. After guards came and arrested the three you picked up a flower as your father almost died in front of you. The flower turned into the healing one and it saved your father.' Xerneas narrates as those events unfolded. Younger Harmony hugged Ash tightly.

"Wait.. so I had a twin brother who died due to an illness I also had.. you saved me.. and if you hadn't saved me with that flower then my father would be dead?.." Harmony questions the legendary. 'That is correct Princess.' Xerneas says as the floor disappears for one last time. They end up in the same world they were in before.

"and you protect me?" Harmony asks as she ends up sitting in the tree stump again. 'Yes. And you would like to know where you are correct?' Xerneas questions tilting her head. "Yes I would please." Harmony says with curiosity returning. 'So polite. Well this is my little world. I rarely come here but it was the only way I'd be able to contact you and show you what I needed to show.'

'It is also where a soul comes to enter its afterlife. If a soul passes through here then it has a chance to be saved and return to life by me. That isn't what boat you are in. In fact, it's about time you returned.' Xerneas says. "What do you mean return?" Harmony asks forgetting what happened in the real world

'It was a pleasure to meet you when you are able to speak Princess. Though I always did help you sleep when you were little.' Xerneas says pleased with herself. "You did?" Harmony questions. 'Yes. I would always go in your thoughts and helped you sleep while you lied down to sleep. You were cute. But enough it's time to send you back.'

"Wait don't make me go" Harmony says but the floor under her started to crumble. 'I'm sorry but if you stay here any longer your soul will leave you. Goodbye Princess.' Xerneas responds and she disappears. Harmony then starts to feel the falling sensation and everything goes black again..
-
Word count - 1439

Harmony had a brother? She almost died but a flower saved her? She has powers to turn flowers into healing flowers? She saved Ash from death? Who knew!

Tell me what you thought!