-six.

STILL YOUR POV
ALSO GOOD MORNING/AFTERNOON/EVENING

"So basically, the whole country thinks we're missing and is looking for us?" I asked, munching on a donut. Jimin had told Taehyung and me to stay the night, because if we appeared too quickly after going "missing," the press would be wanting some answers.

Jimin looked at me from across the dining table. He hadn't eaten much, but he still looked pretty neat (not that I didn't like it). "Pretty much."

The door burst open. Taehyung was standing by the door with bloodshot eyes, his hands shivering as he dropped his phone and crumpled to the ground. "M-my... My best friend," he gulped, "H-he's—t-the accident—I-I d-don't—"

"Shh, it's fine," Jimin muttered. He sound like a dad trying to comfort his kids. Then again, I wouldn't mind if he were comforting our kids—I'm sorry, you were saying?

He pulled Taehyung into an awkward hug, patting his back in a comforting manner. I just stood there, trying to process the moment. Now that I thought about it, I had never seen Taehyung cry in my life. He was always so happy, and you wouldn't ever believe he had a setback in his life.

I laced his hand in mine, and I whispered, "It's okay. I'm here. I'm here, coz. It's fine. Don't hold it back. You can cry on my shoulder as much as you want."

Taehyung stopped sniffling. "A shootout," he croaked, "He got involved in a shootout. I -I read the obituary, Y/N, he was just p-passing by a-and—"

"You should eat first before the food gets cold. Donuts are your favorite, right?" Jimin tilted his head to the side. Why he knew Taehyung loved donuts, I will never know.

Taehyung stood up slowly and settled himself on the table. Two hours had passed, and he ate nothing.

He was internally crying. He was in pain, but he tried to smile. I tried hugging him. Real tight, and kissed him on his head.

Jimin arched his eyebrow. "Did I miss something?"

My cheeks heated up. "Not really, but I can ex—Park Jimin, are you jealous?"

Jimin turned his head and avoided my eyes in denial. "No, I'm not!"

Now that I thought about it, Jimin never knew Taehyung was my cousin. Jesus Christ.

"Jimin, meet Taehyung. Taehyung, meet Jimin," I mocked.

"I know that," Jimin scowled in jealousy, "What happened to you and him being childhood friends? Is this something new now? Do I want to know? Am I supposed to back off? Am I—"

"Jimin, meet Taehyung. My cousin."

Jimin gulped. "I know that."

"Of course you do."

"Oh, shut up."

I chuckled. "Do you want a kiss too?"

He covered his lips with his hands, and I could only hear his muffled voice. "I don't think I'm mentally prepared for my best friend to—"

I leaned over and kissed his cheeks. Looking back at that, I was pretty damn shameless, but at the moment I couldn't feel any tension.

He turned red and covered his face. "Oh, God."

I tilted my head. "Oh, come on, it wasn't that bad. Oh, Taehyung, feeling better?"

Taehyung was feeling okay (or probably covering up his sadness with a smile), and he had just watched the whole thing, smirking. "And you call Jungkook and me lovebirds."

"But it's true!" I protested.

"Uh huh," Jungkook was standing by the doorway.

"J-Jungkook!" Taehyung squeaked, his voice going higher than a regular voice should have done.

The tall guy arched his eyebrow. "Do I want to know?"

"No, you really don't," Jimin sighed, then tilted his chin. "What is it, Kook?"

"We need to talk. It's about Taehyung."

A/N: i missed u fam (it's been a day)