-twenty three.

bighit has been dropping bombs consecutively for a week now how do you expect me to be at a high level of "chill" im dying send help

So apparently, most of the people had already run away when Rosè showed up with her creepy pocketknife and cutthroat attitude. Who knew?

I, on the other hand, was patching Jimin up again. How long has it been since we went into hiding? I was too young for this! Then again, this is a story, and fanfiction at that, so—I'm sorry, where was I?

Oh, right.

Jimin was seated still with his eyes on the ground, his lips pursed. He was trying to steady his breathing, and I watched as a bead of sweat rolled down his pale-skinned face.

His brown eyes just observed the floor so intensely as if lava were to emerge from it any time, and he was thinking too deeply for a potato like me to understand.

"So, uh," I started, trying to break the awkward silence, "Life is... good."

"It is, yeah," Jimin muttered half-mindedly, licking his lips.

His lips.

Oh, God. The kiss.

I felt my face heat up and I cleared my throat, avoiding any eye contact with him.

Jimin raised an eyebrow. "What's—? Oh. You're talking about the kiss, right? What about it?"

"Er, uh, I m-mean, nothing's wrong, in particular, b-but it was kinda—"

"It's normal. I'm used to it."

"What?" My eyes widened. I've been swindled. I demand a refund!

Jimin's mouth opened and closed again. Then his eyes widened as if he just realized what he had just said. "N-no! I mean, I got used to it, while we were kissing, not because I've kissed other—c-change the subject, please."

I cleared my throat for the bajillionth time today. "U-uh, okay. Um... What do you think a-about Rosè? Doesn't she seem a tad bit suspicious to you?"

Jimin blinked. "What do you mean?"

I took a deep breath. "I mean, she literally cried for hurting you when she was the one who wanted to hurt you in the first place, and you and your annoying poker face didn't even waver one bit!"

Jimin swallowed. "I... don't believe you. Rosè wouldn't lie. Rosè can't lie. Much less act. She was terrible at their high school pla—"

"What about the organization and how Rosè could get killed? Do you even believe that?" I snapped.

"Rosè would never—"

"She's lying, Park Jimin. And you're lying to yourself," I grumbled, "You'll get hurt the moment you start getting manipulated by the enemy."

"I don't believe you."

This was upsetting. Park Jimin, please stop this. You are hurting yourself, and you know it. Stop hiding yourself from the truth.

"Please believe me for a second, and start protecting yourself!" I pleaded, my whole body aching like it never had before, "I can always handle myself. Just please, watch yourself, I can't lose you like this!"

"What... does that mean?" Jimin asked, blinking like a not-so-innocent child.

I took a deep breath. Oh, boy. This is going to take a long time. "I almost confessed to you, and then you magically disappeared, then you came back, and then I had trust issues with you, and then I trusted you, and then you started protecting me, you kissed me, and now, all I'm trying to say is I can't lose you like this. I-I love you!"

Welcome to level two of the game Your Love Life Sucks 69.0!