-twelve.

A/N: the fanart is amazing btw
PS Im supposed to be asleep but here i am feeding my fam with fanfiction and every vminkook stan's fantasy

Y/N's POV

"Y/N, get the hell away from Park Jimin," Taehyung snarled.

The poor boy was shivering not only from the harsh winter air, but also from his anger.

"Taehyung, calm down, please," I pleaded, urging Taehyung to—duh, calm down.

Taehyung looked different. He was dressed in full black winter clothes, except for a bandana tied around his forehead (A/N: not today feels). He had a scar on his left cheek, and his calloused hands were wrapped around a sleek black gun. I could barely see the handle of a dagger peeking from his back pocket; No doubt about it, Taehyung had changed.

He had a murderous look in his bloodshot eyes, his dark brown hair was tangled, but I suppose he looked handsome in his own way.

His lips were pursed and his brows were furrowed, as if he were pondering if he were supposed to facepalm over a dad joke Jin just made, or scream and wreak havoc and just murder everyone around him.

"S-step away Y/N, please," he begged, "I don't want to shoot you, a-and I don't want to lose you to him too."

"T-to him.. Too...?" I asked, turning my head, my eyes widening in shock. "Jimin? Why Jimin? What did he ever do to you, Taehyung? He even tried to prevent you from undergoing whatever that training was! You're hurt! Y-you—you've changed."

Jimin stood up with dead calmness that made my neck hairs stand on end. "Taehyung. Gun, down. Now. Please."

"You don't get to even talk to me, you son of a—" Taehyung snarled.

"Taehyung!" I chided, "What's going on with you? Why are you angry? God, you're not even angry, you're furious!"

Taehyung shook his head with disgust. "This boy—no, this monster," he pointed his gun at Jimin as if he were pointing at a rabid wolf (A/N: cHOGI WA whoops wrong fandom), "Remember when my best friend died?"

Jimin pulled out his pocketknife. "Taehyung, stop it. Put the gun down. I'm not going to say it again."

I tilted my head. "When your best friend died...?"

"The shootout, Y/N," Taehyung growled, "He and his stupid organization caused it. He's a murderer. Step away from him."

Jimin lunged at Taehyung with speed I thought was second only to the speed of light.

Taehyung shrieked with rage as he put his gun at the ready. "Y/N, run!"

In a split second, a gunshot rang my ears deaf, followed by a pained howl.

On the concrete floor lay a half-dead, half-deadly Park Jimin.