-seven.

A/N: the SK telecom commercial gifs tho

Y/N's POV

I knew Jungkook and Jimin were talking behind the door, but their voices were too muffled. The glass windows in the room gave me a view, but it wasn't much to give me context on what they were talking about. Jimin was leaning against the door, and Jungkook was looming calmly over him. It was hard to believe Jimin was older (but don't tell Jimin I told you that; he was born in Busan first).

I decided to eavesdrop by the door. I couldn't hear anything but indistinct arguing, so Taehyung and I sat cross-legged in front of the door sharing a bag of donuts.

"You don't look nervous that they're talking about you," I noted.

"Too hungry," he managed between bites, "Crying is tiring."

A kopis (a type of knife-sword thing) went embedded straight through the door, and I could see about half the knife from our side. I checked the windows. It looks like Jungkook had thrown it.

"Jesus Christ, can't they argue more quietly?" Taehyung muttered.

"Everybody here has knives," I pointed out, "I don't like knives."

The door opened. Jimin stood gloomily as Jungkook walked in with a smirk.

"Looks like Jimin lost the argument," I whispered.

"I tried to stop you, Kook," Jimin's eyes glinted like black steel, "It's too dangerous, yet you insisted. He's your responsibility now."

Taehyung tilted his head. "What..?"

"Kim Taehyung," Jungkook held out his hand, "Welcome to <name of organization>. You've just been hired as one of the main fighters."

Taehyung sighed. "Okay, let me just.." he grabbed the side of the table looking wobbly. I caught a glimpse of a bead of sweat trickling down his forehead. "I-I can't do this, Jungkook, you know I can't." (A/N: if you take just this paragraph and put it in a vkook story you know what they're going to do next lmao okay im leaving now xD)

"Don't worry, I'll train you!" Jungkook squealed enthusiastically. This is the dude who just embedded a damn ancient Greek weapon through a metal door?

Taehyung hesitated for a moment, but released the tension. "Fine. I'll do it."

Unlike most heroines who'd say, No, Taetae, don't do it! It's too dangerous! I had other things on my mind. "Go kick some butt, buddy."

Taehyung scowled in mock-disgust. "Jesus, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

Jimin chuckled but shut up immediately at Taehyung's comment.

As they walked out of the door, Jimin planted eye contact with his younger brother. "You'll regret this."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Hyung, when he comes back"—the room's temperature lowered by a thousand degrees—"he'll be a freaking killing machine—OW!"

Taehyung pinched Jungkook's arm. "LANGUAGE, JESUS CHRIST!"

Jungkook sighed (he wanted to protest that "freaking" wasn't even the worst of language). "Or maybe my mom."

•••

[PREVIEW]: The door swung open. Clad in a business suit, a gold chain, and a gun aimed at Y/N's head, he stood regally by the doorway. "The others don't approve of her, and neither do I. She'll go around telling the others about this. It was a mistake saving her. I'm going to kill her now."

A/N: we all know who the real eomma is, don't we ppl