Chapter 7 : Late

Recess

Liz and Silica were going to buy some drinks and the 2 were left alone at the rooftop.

" hey Kirito kun. "Asuna started.

" what is it? "kirito answered.

" you know... Valentines day is coming soon..."Asuna said softly.

" valentines.... Huh... "kirito sighed.

" I still remember some time ago Sugu tried making chocolates but ended up failing them and making me eat all of them... Ahh that feeling was awful.... " kirito continued.

" I was thinking of making some homemade chocolate for you... "Asuna said even softer...

" ohh alright. I'll be looking forward to that then. "

Ahem ahem.

" the 2 of you seem to be having a GREAT time together ehh?? " Liz teased.

" yeah yeah " Silica continued.

" oh yeah. Sugu said she wants to do a quest tomorrow. You all want to go??" kirito asked.

" We already knew. Suguha contacted us just now." Liz said.

" oh okay. "

A little time went and the bell rang.

"you going to teach her again today?" Liz asked.

"yeah" kirito answered.

"well... Good luck on that..." Liz and Silica greeted and walked back to their classes.

"In the meantime I wait for you I'll be at the library." Asuna said.

"okay." kirito agreed.

When kirito went back to his class.

"Kirigaya kun! I'll count on you today too!!" Yuuna happily said.

Classes went on as usual.
And it is now time for the after-school.

"so, which question is it that you don't know how to do?" kirito asked.

"ahh... this."

"ohh this question is quite tough... Even I also used a long time to solve this. Just hold on a second. I'll need to analyze this again..."kirito started to think hardly.

" okay. " yuuna thought that this would be an opportunity to ask him about something she had been wondering for a while...

" hey Kirigaya kun. Can I ask you something? " she started.

" go on." kirito's eyes are still on the work sheet.

"About that girl I met this morning... Asuna... san.. Is it?" yuuna asked.

"yup. You got her name right." he picked up a mechanical pencil and started to calculate.

"About that.... You two looked happy together... Sorry if I'm wrong but... Is she your girlfriend?"

Finally... She was able to ask those words..

She prepared her heart for the answer..

"yeah. She's my girlfriend. What about it?" kirito looked into her dark violet eyes

......

Ehh?

Yuuna felt her heart ached and she was at loss of words... She thought that she had a chance to like someone but who knows... She's too late now... He's already taken.

Deep inside she knew that someone like her is not worthy of him anyways.

"I shouldn't have asked... Who knew it would hurt so badly? " Yuuna thought.

Her eyes started to feel watery and a little thightness felt in her throat.

Yuuna tried to be normal. Cheerful as ever.

"ohhh I see!! Soo, what do you like about her?come on, tell me!! " Yuuna pretended to be curious.

She wanted to except her fate.

"ehh... Well... I first met her in Sao...from the first moment I saw her, I knew that she was different than the other girls... Ughh I'm bad at describing things...." kirigaya kun sighed.

"yea... She's beautiful right? ..." Yuuna said softly..

"okay! I've done this! Now listen closely." his voice is rather soothing and calm... How can someone not fall for someone like him?!

An hour later

"that's a wrap!! And again!! Thanks for teaching me, Kirigaya sama!!" Yuuna somewhat managed to suck it up and be normal.

Ring--

"ohh it's mine." kirito's phone went off.

"oh!" he answered

Yuuna listened carefully...

"ohh Asuna. Yeah we're finished. --- okay I'll see you there."

"hehe. Go on!! I'll be here for a while, got some things to work on. See you next week!!" Yuuna said with a smile on her face.

"okay. See you next week. " kirito walked out.

Yuuna pov.

"I'm just like an idiot."

Tears started to roll down my face.

Should I give up?

I thought about it while I walk down the stairs.

I heared a conversation.

"you shouldn't have waited for me you know... Aren't you bored?" kirito asked.

"it's okay.. I can finish my homework at school and just revise tomorrow's lesson at home. Hehe" Asuna smiled.

"well... That's not bad..." kirito said.

Asuna wrapped her body around his left hand.

"oii..someone might see us you know.."kirito warned.

" it's okay.. No one's around now. "Asuna confirmed.

"oh Suguha chan already texted me about the quest tomorrow. Apparently the drop item is a clothing..." she continued.

"well. We'll see tomorrow" Kirito said.

Their voices became more and more unclear as they walked away hand in hand.

I soon realized that I was hiding behind a wall.

"hehe... 2 can play this game."

Yuuna smirked and walked back home.

Hello again readers!!!! I had fun writing this chapter 😁😁
Next chapter will be out soon ^^
Thanks for reading!!