Chapter I: KHALSAS PLAIN

Dievasterra, the god land, is precious to the eyes of the gods that they design it with unwavering charm. It is meant to be a peaceful land where gods can temporarily descend and build aesthetic relationships with humans. For centuries, it is inevitable for gods and goddesses to get engrossed in humans. Then on, there are born demigods.

"What has gotten into them? They lower their honor for lust and earthly pleasures!"

"Do you hear yourself Hepisthus? Humans are replicas of our images."

"What's wrong, Hadiz? Don't tell me you've been scoffed by their playful minds!"

"You just say that, Hepisthus, because you haven't tried to communicate with humans."

Hepisthus is an ugly god. He stays in his territory and spends his time crafting weapons. His territory is surrounded by active volcanoes. He only entertains selected gods and seldom goes out of his zone. Hadiz is his most trusted god.

"Don't be lame! The population of demigods will soon outdo the number of humans."

"You have a point, Hepisthus. It could be us against the rest of the gods."

"It will not be us. We will journey the deepest of the underworld. We'll ride Cerberuza."

"Gah... I don't like that mutt. What favor will that flight serve us?"

"You will not regret it, Hepisthus. I have bred it for a century."

As the legend says, Illicox comes from one of Sathan's heads. Sathan is a ten-headed dragon from the underworld. Ariz and Althene defeat him. One of the heads of the demon dragon falls into the mouth of a volcano. Hepisthus, the god of fire blows from the core of the volcano outward. As the head of the dragon ascends, it generates until it becomes a full-bodied demon. As Illicox, the Alpha demon upsurges from Khalsas Vulcan; the entire of it is destroyed and cools down into a then–called Khalsas Plain.

"I am the descendant of Hepisthus; the god of fire; the blacksmith of the underworld!"

Illicox creates his mate by masticating a colony of vampire bats. He uses the ground meat of the vampire bats to form the demon queen whom he names Zerachi. She is one-twentieth of his size. Zerachi produces one hundred demons every time Illicox mates with her in Illvulc. Illvulc is a breeding ground for demons. It only takes six days to keep them in the womb. Zerachi spends the entire seventh day giving birth to demon eggs. The eggs are incubated for a week in a cave surrounded by geysers.

Illicox wants to rule over Dievasterra to broaden dark dominion. The war starts when Illicox negotiates to the gods that they want to do these things or else their existence is worthless. It sounds forbidding but their malevolent nature calls them. They cannot live in an armistice because they aren't made to be demigods. The demigods live with longevity, which means that they don't die by their age, but they will when they are killed.

This is the ground why the gods consider the wrath of the demons so that the population of both demigods and demons is buffered. They want to preserve the humans of Ahniedem. The chief god gathers his constituents to help him resolve the dispute.

"I will have to give a verdict that satisfies the majority of the gods."

Hepisthus inserts to support the demons' side as secretly entreated by Illicox. Hadiz, the god of the underworld, sturdily agrees with him. They hide the truth that they are responsible for summoning Sathan; Illicox; and other forms of chaos in Dievasterra.

"The demons have a point. Their existence is futile without them causing challenges to the demigods. They will not exist if they have no purpose in the god land."