Chapter II: UNBLIND TRUTH

The legions of demons march their way to Khalsas plain through the gray graveled path of Graviez. The Khalsas battle opens with a sign from the heavens. The bolts of lightning strike on the force–field barricades that enclose the plain. After the opening, the chief demon and demigod signal the attack. Juzfald exclaims his self–assurance about the strength of his legions. Faruz remains calm in front of his demigod warriors.

"Men, do not give in to their temptations. They are but distractions to us. This is not the first time we engage in this battle. Use your initiative. Be mindful of what you have to fight them. Remember your family. They want to see you come home...alive!"

"We fight for the future of our beloved."

"No demon prevails from a demigod of unsullied heart!"

The demigods give their manly yell to show that there's no way they consent the demons to oversee them. On the other hand, the demons exhibit a huge amount of pride by their multitude. They are armed with the crafts of Hepisthus made with magma.

"We're demons. That would probably be our strong suit. Haha...!"

"Gah...! It's time for a meal! I can hardly delay to pig – out!"

"You already look like a hog. There's no must to effort."

Both sides are about to clash with each but Juzfald takes a swift flight and vanishes in the thin air in a blink of an eye. This is the same trick he does in most of the encounters.

"What the hell...? He's luring us."

"I can see the emblem on their weapons from here."

"The weapons are supplied by the god of fire."

"Isn't it foolish of them to do?"

"We have Ariz and Althene on our side."

Faruz presumes it might just be one of his traps. Instead, he sticks into the war. His subordinates require his presence and action. Only Rabigor is left to command the legions but he disperses his presence on Faruz's eyes as he knows his limitations.

"Where's Juzfald going? Is he cracked? This is the –nth time he left me hanging in Khalsas! If I were the older brother, I'll knock his nape until his face touches the sand!"

He defies perishing in the hands of who defeats his father. It is a big slap on his ego.

"Why does it always have to be me? I command the legions. Hey! I'm supposed to be the general here! Listen to me or you'll all be banished from Cairon!"

Juzfald rushes his way out of the plain. The main assault unit keeps an eye on his movements. Hence, Widja copies the image of his brother as she is a shapeshifter to bait and take them out of Khalsas' vicinity to Thamusine. She is the most powerful demoness in Cairon. Her face is concealed with a mask that only reveals her mouth.

"Brother, secure yourself. I will take care of them."

"Are you sure, Widja? There are five of them on their way to slay me. I know them well."

"But you know me, better, Juzfald. I do this for you."

"Widja, I don't know what's in your mind but I trust you."

"All of my brothers are important to me. I won't put you in jeopardy; not this time."

"Thank you, my sister."

In the Thamusine woods, she reveals and confronts the main assault unit by herself. Sagah, Honmin, Noam, and Samael are a bit puzzled because they are about to fight a female demon in a major battle. Patrol units have better experiences than they do in terms of confronting female demons. Victus orders to keep their guards up.