Chapter XVII: BRAWL OF THE EXTREMES

It is the first day of the Khalsas battle. Yes, everyone's geared. Faruz situates with his soldiers on the demigods' side of the plain. Ariz shows himself to the chief and bestows his blessing.

"I'll be your guardian, my descendant. No matter how this ends, I will be with you."

"My lord, you know I can't afford to lose the battle against Juzfald."

"That's the spirit. But be aware of possibilities."

On the other side, Juzfald boisterously laughs with Rabigor.

"Are you done talking with grandpa? We are heating – up here."

"We can take a pee break in the middle of the fight if you plead us, Faruz."

Faruz doesn't let anything affect his mindset because the future of Chevflaun lies in his hands. He remembers his battle with Illicox. He knows that it will be as hard as the battles that he is used to encountering. This endeavor can make or break him. The chief prays that the gods favor him. A divine bolt of lightning lands on the groundbreaking barriers which signals the beginning of the Khalsas battle. Of course, the belligerent demons run first; thirsty for dominion. They look larger compared to the past battles. They undergo Juzfald's experiment the same as through with Noam and Samael.

"Larger demons..." says Victus.

"...but smarter demigods..." Honmin adds.

"We are blessed by the gods of Chevflaun."

On the side of the demons, Rabigor arrogantly expresses his thoughts.

"Well...well... The main assault unit of Chevflaun merges in battle. Why is it so?"

"Of course Rabigor, it's because I'm here. Why would they waste their time on other demons?"

"Oh, I get your logic brother. They target you all this time."

"Hahaha... You're such a maggot–brained sibling."

"What are we waiting for? Let's brawl!"

Rabigor's aggressiveness and impatience reopen the gates to the underworld for those who die in the battle. The huge demons attack the demigods within the plain of Khalsas. The demigods try to regulate their rage in the battle so they can focus as told by Faruz beforehand. They should sacrifice the least number of soldier demigods as they can. The sand is like smoke that the opposing sides rush through. The voices of the demons and demigods blend like lightning and thunder.

"Don't let them prevail! We will win this! We are the cornerstones of Chevflaun!"

Because of this, the demigods become keener in the fight. But the demons won't let their pride be stepped upon by their rivals. They feel like their stomachs are empty for years. They want to devour the raw flesh of their opponents. They want more flooding blood. They want victory. The sun is tough and the demons love it but the wind neutralizes the heat for the demigods.

Ariz watches over his descendant. He gives shade to him wherever he moves so that he will not be distracted by the brightness of the sun. This battle is really peculiar compared to the usual ones. Notice that the demons love the sun. It's a different sun with monstrous light. It is called the sun of darkness.

Juzfald and Rabigor, being cautious and strategic, do not come near Faruz or any of the main assault units. Instead, they go for the weak ones. This may be a sign of cowardice but they don't care.

After having a clear view of Juzfald in the battle, Faruz wants to hunt him down. His garment is stained with the blood of demigods that he kills in the battle. It reminds Faruz of Chimela. He has chosen to end her life rather than sacrificing Azalel's. This is what Sagah is unaware of.