Bowling

"I am just saying that I think they could have better designed bowling shoes" Santana had been complaining about the lack of style that bowling shoes had for the last ten minutes and I am on the verge of screaming. "Let's get our bowling on" Kurt's voice was basically my saviour as Santana instantly shut up. "Hey Kurt, it's great to see you!" I exclaim throwing a fake smile in his direction before over doing it with a hug. "Lady lips" Santana greeted with a nod and Kurt just returned the favour "Sand bags". I found this exchange quite normal but some passers didn't really see it that way, some even took offence. "Shall we play" I say gesturing to the bowling alley we had just rented.

"We just have to wait for Brit-" Santana started but was silenced by Britney's arrival. "Let's play!" she exclaimed before running over to the bowling alley and picking up a rather large bowling ball. Santana began laughing at her enthusiasm but Kurt and myself just shook our heads in an almost disbelieving fashion.

After around an hour of playing Britney got bored and refused to take her turn and then she began a detailed story of a stork outside her house. I sighed loudly so they would all shut up and they did but Santana looked displeased. "What's wrong?" She asked loudly making a few heads turn. I gave her a confused look and then I noticed she was looking behind me. I turned around and my heart fell, most probably literally. Quinn and Finn were here.

It doesn't surprise me that Finn is here but Quinn would never come bowling at her own will. "Calm and relaxed" Santana whispers coming to my side.

"Let's just play" I suggest attempting to prying my head away from them as they don't seem to have noticed us so I don't want to draw too attention.

"My turn" Britney yells skipping up to the ball holder. Even though it's not her tune we still let her take it.

Everything would have been fine. Great actually. Finn and Quinn were just about to leave when Britney noticed them and insisted to them that they join us. I could've died there and then.

"We wouldn't want to intrude on your girls night out" Quinn said eyeing Kurt as she said 'girls night out'.

"I insist" Kurt said through gritted teeth. "And anyway I'm sure Finn and Rachel would like to sort out when they are going to finish their project" Kurt added with a sly smirk but this made Quinn's face crumple up in an unattractive way and I am inwardly screaming at myself. She doesn't look perfect right now. Finally. "It was finished in class, wasn't it?" she asked pulling that sickly sweet smile. Finn and myself where silently pleading with Kurt not to mention it but being Kurt he wanted revenge for all he ruthless things she had done to him and everyone, really. "Rachel had to come to ours tonight to complete it but she had to make a quick dash, looked quite embarrassed actually and so did Finn now that I mention it" he said trying to look thoughtful but as an obvious after thought he added "What could they have been doing to make them so...embarrassed as Carole arrived home?" he smirked, happy with his word choices. "Well I think we best be going" Quinn said turning as if to walk away but Finn placed his arm in front to stop her from leaving. "I think we should play with them, I never really get to spend quality time with my brother anyway. "Finn said smiling in a sort of smug way. "Also if you didn't notice this isn't exactly a girls night out. You should really deflate that ego then maybe you would notice that Kurt is in fact male" Santana said before waking to the counter. "Who's up first?" She asked smiling at the horrified look on Quinn's face.