Walking away from what you've got for something you never had

He stumbled back with guilt filling his eyes. "I should go."

That's the first thing he says?

I should go.

You can't kiss someone like that and then leave. "What? Why?" I ask stepping back unsure of why he kissed me. Of course I wanted to kiss him but did he want to kiss me?

"Kurt wants help ordering the pizza and I promised I would and you know how nervous he gets when the guy asks him to pick a topping" Finn says in a nervous way. I know for a fact that it is a lie because Kurt could talk for hours on the phone to the pizza guy about different toppings if no one else rang for pizza delivery. "Um okay we'll work on the project on Saturday" I say.

The truth is that we didn't do anything relevant to the project today but I just want to be with him. "I can't I have to hang out with Quinn" he says.

This time I decided to call him out on his little white lie. "Quinn has to go dress shopping for her fathers annual dinner"

"Oh sorry I meant I have to hang out with Puck. I've been neglecting our friendship recently." he says looking at the door as if planning an escape. "Puck has detentions all day"

"But it's a Saturday" he says raising an eyebrow. "Puck 'accidentally' filled Principal Figgins car with orange, yellow and red paint, so it sort of exploded into his face when he opened the car door and Puck had stained red hands. He was caught red handed. Anyway it's Puck. When hasn't he had a Saturday detention" I say also raising an eyebrow. "Good point. He never told me that's all" He said averting his gaze to the floor.

Apparently it's extremely interesting.

"Can we talk about it? Or is it like saying Voldemort?" I ask hopeful for a yes, a yes that's says we can talk about it. "Voldemort?" he asks with a smirk. He just changed the subject!

It's completely out of bounds now. Whenever someone changes the subject it means that the certain topic that is being attempted to be discussed is officially off limits. "You know, from Harry Potter" I say smiling as he plays dumb to avoid the previous statement. "I know I just wondered why you asked if it was like saying Voldemort" he asked switching the subject back.

I don't have a useless fact on what to say when they change the subject back! "Well" I gulp silently before continuing "you made up petty excuses to leave and not spend time with me again and I thought it had some thing to do with that" I finish with a weak yet real smile. "Why don't you just say Kiss? I kissed you." he says calmly bring his gaze up.

Finally, I don't have to be jealous of the carpet anymore.

"I know you did. I'm just not sure why. Why?" I ask confusion heavy in my gaze.

"Because you were rambling" he answers simply. That kind of just broke my heart. I kissed back because I love him but he started the kiss because I was talking too much.

It's certainly a special kiss now.

"and-"

"And what?" I ask urgently cutting him off.

"And I still love you" he whispers before walking away. Leaving me stood there looking like I've just seen a ghost.