23❤️

**Not Edited**
Que

I was leaning against the railing watching all these college kids enjoy themselves. I was trying to do the same but all i could think about was the fact that they were doing something with their lives. I had never imagined myself going to college but now that's all i want to do. I chuckled as i looked at Evie as she grabbed the mic from Chelle and rapped along to Cardi B. I shook my head as the crowd started to hyper up.

She was smiling from ear-to-ear as she finished the song. She took a bow before our connected. She hopped off the stage and made her way towards me. "So you're a rapper now huh?" She smiled. "What can i say college changed me?" She said while laughing. I shook my head looking at her with a smile. "So why aren't you out there enjoying yourself?" She asked putting her hands in her hips. I had been trying to figure out all night what was different about.

Seeing her dressed up it all made sense. She had gotten thick. "HELLO!?" She yelled snapping her fingers. "What?" I asked. "I said why aren't having fun?" She asked looking up at me. I shrugged. "I don't fit into this world." I said looking around at everyone. "What do you mean?" She asked as she went and sat down at one of the tables. "You all are living the college life. That's just not where I'm at in life." I said as i looked out in the distance at the college town. She opened her mouth to speak when her name was called. "Evie come up here." Claire called. She giggled before looking at me. "We'll finish this when i get back. I nodded.

I sat there looking at her smile and chat up all these people as she made her way to the stage. I looked at my boys as they laughed and did what they did with their people. Even Claire had managed to get into the swing of college life. "One, two, three.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!" I looked up to see Claire wheeling out this huge birthday cake. Once they finished singing she blew out her candles. Next thing i see is Claire and Chelle shoving her face in the cake. I threw my head back laughing as she threw cake at them and soon enough there was cake fight happening. I stayed out of the way watching the bullshit happen in front of me. I furrowed my eyebrows when i saw Evie crawling out of the madness. She grabbed my hand and we rushed downstairs. "Where are we going?" I asked as she led the way to her car. "Well to finish our talk and i need to change." I chuckled as i nodded my head. "Hold on." I said as i rushed back up to grab her gift. She smiled before pulling off.

Evie

We walked into my dorm and Que followed me into my room. "Let me take a shower really quick." I said as i grabbed a change of clothes. After showering and changing i walked out into my room to see him spread out on my bed. "So where did we stop?" I asked. "We really don't have to get into this." He said. "No tell me." I said. "All I was saying was that I wish i would have done things differently in high school. I love my daughter but i wish i could have waited to have her." He said with a sigh. "So what do you want to do?" I asked. He looked up at me. "Honestly I don't know, but seeing all of you in college...." He paused. "What?" "i feel like I'm falling behind. Tron, Will and I always said once we graduate we would be running the streets making money, but they're here doing better with their lives and I'm proud of them for that. Shit I'm proud of all you, but in ten years you all will be in your careers and where will i be?" I looked at him. "Then go to college, open a business, pick up a trade, do something. Just because you happen to have had a kid young doesn't mean you still can't be great. What do you want to do?" I asked him again.

"I want to go to college." He said. "For?" I said nudging him. "I want to help kids. When i was growing up with my father sometimes it was like walking on eggshells around him. The smallest thing could set him off then he would turn around and act like nothing happened. If i would've had someone like your parents, there to look out for me the way they do now things probably would have been different. I just want to be the adult that i wanted when i was growing." He looked at me to see what i thought. "I think that sounds like a wonderful idea, but the question is when are you going to enroll in school?" I asked as laid down. "I was think either next spring or next year, but i would probably start at a community college." He said growing less enthusiastic. "There's nothing wrong with community college." I said as i yawned. He stood up and walked over to where his present sat on the floor.

"Here." I sat up instantly making him laugh. "This is from your mom and dad." I reached into the bag pulling out a card. I looked at Que and shrugged. I opened it and started to read it.

Happy birthday love. We can't wait to see this weekend but here's a sneak peak of your present.

I looked into the bad skeptical seeing a black box. I pulled it out staring at it for a while. I slowly opened it and mouth hung open. "Oh my god!!!!!" I screamed. "They got me a car!!!" I looked at Que seeing a smirk. "You knew?" He nodded his head. "I helped pick it out." I gently put my key back in it's in box. "Why would they give this to me and make me wait a whole week?" I whined making Que laughed. "You'll be fine, but here." He said pulling out a box. "It's not as flashy as a car but i hope you like it." I opened it seeing a necklace with his name on it. "It beautiful." I said picking it up. "But I'm not going to wear it." I said looking at him. "Why not?" "Because you're not my man and i would feel comfortable wearing a necklace with your name on it." I said plainly.

He nodded his head. "Would you give me a chance to earn that spot back?" HE asked grabbing my chin. I bit my lip. "Please?" I looked up at him. "Okay." He smiled. "Good." He said kissing my forehead before he got comfortable on my bed. "Oh no baby you're better hit that couch." I said opening the door as i held an extra blanket. "Are you serious?" I smiled sweetly. "Yep you gotta earn the privilege to sleep in my bed." He stood up walking passed me staring me down. He grabbed me pulling me into his arms. "Goodnight beautiful." He said kissing my forehead. "Good night Que." I said handing him his blanket.

Follow. Like. Comment. Share.