Get Ready For It

Office Williams & Jones - 22 :57 hrs

The hours passed like a chewed gum, and in the course of this time nothing was ever done in the further development of their case. Despite this late hour neither of the two detectives could think of sleep for a second, and thus to make their evening of work. This uncertainty, which caused someone to move a corpse, did not let them go in the least and gave Robbie the feeling of discomfort. An inner voice told him that something would happen today. But how could they prevent something if they did not move on in this more than just tricky case? Even the phantom image of her suspect, which was now hanging on the wall, had not given them any concrete data about this person. Not even the name. Although the young man looked quite innocent at first sight, he held himself in front of the Commissioners with such fate that the two of them could not even get an important detail about him. What slowly and surely drove her into the madness.

... So it had to be urgent, what happened.

But to Robbies and Jones' regret, nothing happened. This silence was just unbearable. It was like the deceptive calm before a devastating storm that could destroy everything. While a black wall came up on the proverbial horizon, the two cops reached already in this one moment the first foothills and the in the form of two rushing investigating teams. As a result of the tense silence between the two chief investigators, the most extreme was disturbed and broken.

"And? How does it look like? Did the search of the apartment bring what? Please don't tell me now that this was a wrong investment." Robbie let himself be infected by their stormy nature and wanted to know right away whether something suitable was found.

"Whichever way you take it. We found nothing. ...The guy really thought about everything." Oliver made the beginning and had to disappoint Robbie regrettably.

"However, someone could give us a tip, which we can pursue. A pedestrian, who's walking along this street every day, had told us that a white van was standing in front of the residential complex for a week. At first he was not exactly suspicious, but until recently he saw the same van standing in the industrial area in front of an empty building. ...From him, we could also get the corresponding mark." Jason told his colleagues about the latest state of affairs.

Thereupon Howard pulled a note from his pocket and read out the car license plate.

On the naming of the license plate, Jones typed the numbers and letters in a program intended to be able to determine the holder of the vehicle in the same way. No sooner had this program spat out a name, he also immediately announced, as their suspect was now called.

"Daniel Andrews."

"That sounds good. Now we have a picture and the corresponding name. ...What about the criminal records? Is there anything interesting?" Robbie asked Jones.

With that, several pairs of eyes were resting on Jones, waiting only to see what he would rumble down in the next few seconds. After Jones had apparently called up a long list and had obviously read it through, he brought a short dramatic pause, thus letting everyone know what his criminal record was now.

"Nothing!" Jones finally brought the too often used word over his thin lips.

"Not even a pamphlet?" Mark asked quickly, if he hadn't done an offense on the road, but Jones could only give him a basket with a head-shake.

"Oh really. This isn't your seriousness now? You don't really want to make us know that this Daniel was not even noticed?

Anyone who leaves a corpse and kills the owner, just because he got in his way, has something to show. ...This is absolutely impossible." Jason could hardly imagine the criminal record of this Daniel, not even a single entry.

"I see that just like Jason. He must have some criminal background." Howard agreed with Jason.

"Not necessarily. He could be just a simple observer to pay for it." Robbie knew that even an unspecified sheet had to start small and with what was more harmless and got the feeling that they should not wait any longer, "...Anyway. Our perpetrator is washed with all the water and should be offered with the utmost caution. ...Do you know what, we're going to split up into two groups and try to find this Daniel."

"Now? It's already eleven o'clock! Doesn't that still have time until tomorrow?" Jason pointed out to the current hour, after he had cast a quick and fleeting glance at his watch.

"No. A feeling tells me that we can not wait any longer and I don't want to let it go. While Jones with Mark and Jason pay a visit to the industrial area and look for Daniel in the vacant building, Howard, Olly and I try our luck at his home address." Robbie didn't want to waste any more time.

"That sounds like a plan." Oliver could only say, agreeing to go on a night adventure.

What was said was also done. The two groups set out to find the Daniel Andrews and, if necessary, to take a closer look at the young man. The team around Jones in the industrial area and Robbie's team tried to visit him at home.

After Jason, Mark and Jones were on their way to the outskirts, Howard, Oliver and Robbie went to his home address. As luck would have it, the road to which he was resident had looked out of the industrial area just two miles away. It was obvious that this couldn't be a coincidence. Everything had to be planned.

*****
If you want to get rid of any comments, praise or criticism, then you can do it with pleasure. I'm open to everything.
PLEASE!
😊