One Step Forward

Institut for Forensic Medicine - 14:30 hrs

The moment Robbie and Jones had entered the light-chilled room, the responsible law physician was just about to cover the corpse with a mint green cloth and close the associated file. As it looked, the two chief inspectors came at the right time.

"You've had a lot of time this time." Robbie said as the door behind him fell into the lock.

The law physician, Dr. Sean O'Connor, turned to the commissioners and wanted to know from the two in a monotonous tone, as they would like to have it now times: "Such an autopsy takes time. If you want to have speed then I don't mind, because then I could go to the evening before. Only then you must tell it me before. But if you are more interested in quality, you should be patient. .. So, what is more important to you? Speed or maybe more quality?"

"Both as well." Was the short but concrete response from Robbie.

"And?" Jones began to be impatient and was just about to get a preliminary assessment from the law physician.

"What and?" O'Connor asked.

"My worthy colleague wants to know if you have discovered something interesting." Robbie played the interpreter.

Dr. O'Connor took a quick look at Robbie's new colleague and could only ask, "In a word?"

"But anyway they do not make it so exciting," Robbie urged him to a fairly acceptable answer.

"Nothing!" Was the simple and simple answer from the law physician.

"Nothing?" Robbie repeated, believing that she had been interrogated.

"Nothing. ...Except for the fact that he was attacked with a single-edged knife, there's nothing else to discover. That's it. I've studied the poor guy from top to bottom. Even twice to be really safe. That's why it took so long. Your chosen prosecutor has left us nothing."

"I don't understand that. How can it be possible? Just about everyone leaves behind any trace. Either at the crime scene or, there was a murder, on the body itself." Robbie didn't understand the world any more.

That couldn't be true. There were no hints? What kind of tricky case was that? This guy must have left something behind. A tiny hair would be enough for him. But apparently there was not even that. Except for a possible suspect, which the funeral home supposedly should have observed, they had purely nothing in the hand. It was really desperate.

"If everything imaginable is planned, dressed appropriately, and embarrassed to be careful not to leave any traces, ...then not." O'Connor included in this consideration without being asked

"This proves at least that there is certainly more than just big behind it. ...What personal." Jones said aloud.

"I think so, too. ...The probability that our perpetrator must have known the corpse body is very high." Robbie agreed with Jones and also knew that this realization didn't bring them anything, "Unfortunately, that does not mean much ...I hope that the phantom image will start something."

With the hope that the clue from the older lady proved not to be wrong and what made of it, Robbie and Jones disappeared with a simple farewell word on the lips and looked somewhat disappointed again their joint office.

When the two chief investigators returned to the said and everyday room, Mark came up with a piece of paper in his hand after about twenty minutes and handed it to him, "Here. That's him. ...That's what the guy should look like, according to Mrs. Ferguson."

"That's a half-shirt." He commented, taking the picture completely differently.

One who at least also corresponded to the picture that one could trust him, a corpse simply times from a funeral home with. The guy who was staring at him from the phantom image couldn't be older than his early twenties. In Jones' eyes a half teenager. Well. What was the name of it? ...Still waters were deep.

As Robbie finally wanted to take a picture of her suspect, he tore the picture out of Jones' hands and took a look.

"Show it to me. ...Is that really supposed to be our suspect?"

"That is how Mrs. Ferguson described him to me." Mark left no doubt, stifled in germ.

"But that does not mean that he must be our perpetrators. It can also very well be possible that he has worked for someone else to get some money. ...OK. We should first find out as the young man is called and pre-loaded here. Perhaps he tells us what he has to do with it. "Robbie had already had a guess as to how this young man was involved in this case and took the next step.

If this, one could be found at all and brought here. Just as the guy had hitherto done, this could be quite difficult. But so far Robbie had already succeeded in his career so far, which was initially still impracticable. At some point they would be able to put this obscure case to file. Robbie was sure of that.

*****
If you want to get rid of any comments, praise or criticism, then you can do it with pleasure. I'm open to everything.
PLEASE!
😊