In The Darkness You Must Stand To The Cold

At this time, the group around Jones finally reached the industrial area, where Jason brought his car to a standstill behind a big bush and parked it at an acceptable safety distance and with the utmost precautions. Despite the generous distance, the three now were careful not to give a sound. For such a large and empty warehouse, to which the group was now walking with low soles, could be quite badly soundproofed. In order not to suspect early on, they tried to stifle every sound. Accordingly, they had no choice but to turn off their phones. Although it was now completely prevented from any contact with the outside world, but their chances for a hopefully successful surprise attack continued to rise. Which was quite natural in their' minds. With the hope that their presence would remain unnoticed, they tried to leave the way to a large warehouse as quickly as possible.

Due to their many years of experience, they were able to cover this apparent insuperable distance, but at a considerable record time. The realization that they were also completely right here, got the three by the white van, which they now in a hidden side street more than clearly to face.

With this certainty, they were looking for a side entrance on the opposite side, where one could enter the interior of the building completely unnoticed. To use the obvious main entrance was, in their opinion, a bit too risky. For if, Daniel really had something to do with the whole thing, they had to be careful. Especially with one like Daniel it was now. So it could not be ruled out that he had devised something like a sophisticated alarm system and had installed somewhere here. They would it trust him.

When they had taken the first step into the vacant building, each one of them was immediately received with an icy cold embrace. Even one of them got a goose bump like Jones. What he would never admit in life.

Visually tense and completely silent, they finally took up the struggle with the eternal darkness. In here it was so dark that they couldn't even see their own hands before their eyes. Through the white wall facades they couldn't even put their brought along flashlights in operation. These would simply reflect the slightest light and their well-conceived surprise attack would be for the cat. For their presence to remain unnoticed, they had to become one with the darkness. It was no different.

For orientation, they ran with one hand along the rough wall covering, hoping thereby to work out at least a small tactical advantage. Because as soon as this Daniel had to appear suddenly and as if from the spirit hand, but he would betray his coming with some light source, they still had the chance to hide as quickly as possible. Likewise, with this method, they were able to find out when a diversion occurred, which led them to change the direction occasionally.

In this way, they were certainly wandering about the ten minutes through the endless aisles, and even believed that they were more and more distant from their real goal. After two more minutes, they finally looked at the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. With the wall in the back to which they now pressed for protection, the three were magically attracted by the light, like the moths. Arriving at the other end of the corridor, Jones glanced around the corner. Nothing. Although the brightly lit corridor was not used, this Daniel could appear at any time. From his position, Jones tried to get a more accurate picture of his surroundings, with more than one unpleasant odor rising to his nose. The probability that it came from the vanished corpse was definitely more than one hundred per cent. This meant that it didn't have to be far. Because of the fact that Daniel was not in the immediate vicinity, Jones took a risky attempt and left their safe and dark hiding place. At the silent sign that the two commissioners could calmly join him, Mark and Jason did so after him and went to the danger zone. To the side of a fearless leader.

Slowly and with gentle steps, they finally made the effort to follow the course in the direction suggested by Jones and where, at the end, there was a darkened room. As soon as they had passed two-thirds of the course, steps were suddenly heard, which came very quickly. Immediately, and without thinking about it, the three reacted, and hurried back into the passage from which they had just entered. In the cover of the dark, Jones, Mark, and Jason immediately went back to the wall. With the breath held, and partly the tucked-in bellies, they were hoping that their disappearance would be just as unnoticed. It had been extremely scarce. If they had only hesitated for two more three seconds, their hasty disappearance would've been noticed by this Daniel. That was no question at all.

Jones, who had deliberately chosen the opposite wall this time, and could thus have a good view of the events at the end of the corridors, also immediately saw a young man who was about to disappear in this one room. Before the threshold, however, he stopped short and eyed the doorway, which was very suspicious. As he turned to face it, giving Jones a chance to peer at him from top to bottom, he realized that Daniel was really determined. His body language, as well as the mimic, spoke volumes. What was further underpinned by a flashing knife, still freshly sharpened, which he almost clenched with his left hand. No matter what he intended to do, it was certainly no good. Jones was absolutely sure.

Shortly thereafter, what Jones had already feared came. Daniel was actually grabbed by his mistrust and took possession of his body, whereupon he slowly descended the corridor. With every step he came closer, Jones became more and more uneasy. With a gesture in the direction from which they had come, he instantly instructed Jason and Mark to go deeper into the darkness. At the risk that they could still be caught by this Daniel at any moment, the small group looked for the next branch as quickly and quietly as possible. When they reached this, the gait they had recently used was illuminated by a weak light from a flashlight.

Actually it was ridiculous that three policemen were hiding from a single person. At the same time, they could easily overpower Daniel and simply let him take it away. Even then, if the surprise attack cames from the front. But this Daniel really had a diametrically knife in his hand, with which he knew to defend himself. Even though he came a little sluggishly, it didn't mean long that he was easy to pack and could, like an eel, get out of their practiced grips. There was also the possibility that he had some other weapon somewhere on his body.

No. It was no different. The group around Jones had to wait until Daniel turned their backs on them and they could attack him from a short distance.

As the light disappeared, Jones cautiously peered around the corner and could only make a black silhouette at the other end, which was about to leave the corridor. After stepping back to the crossed and brightly lit corridor, Daniel suddenly turned half a turn and broke the eternal darkness in half with his flashlight. But Jones was still able to pulled his head back.

While Jones was staring into the darkness, he had to stand in any case that this Daniel was quite sleepy. The name of his new partner, it really hit the eye. He had, in fact, something of a fox. He even looked at this boy as a certain kind of the teumessian fox. A fabulous creature, whichs according to legend was a huge man-eating fox and couldn't be caught. Although this designation would be more appropriate, Jones now made it especially the task to put this fox into the building and to lock it at all times. No one, but also no one really had the right to lead him so badly and to stand as an incompetent idiot. ...Especially not from a half-shirt, as he had originally titled it.

As soon as the biting light from Daniel was capped, Jones took a quick look around the corner and could just see that he had lost the interest in their hiding-place game and was thus looking at the vastness. Whereupon he gaves Mark and Jason, more than a whisper, the sign to move forward again. In record time, they managed to get back to where they were a few minutes ago. Staying still in the darkness, Jones let himself be led to a staring look and just got as Daniel disappeared into the darkened room. When Jones was sure that their small and unpredictable opponent wouldn't be able to appear so quickly, he instructed his two colleagues with a simple gesture to re-enter the light-lit corridor. Step by step, they came closer and closer to their apparent goal, and when they stood in front of this room, a dull light flashed through them, which probably proceeded from several candles. What gave the cold room a more than just tense atmosphere of discomforted.

Although they couldn't give the room a deeper look, one felt instantly the feeling that something terrible will happen behind these walls. Who knows, maybe it had already happened.

With the breath held and his weapon pulled, the three took a small step towards the threshold, and Jones let his two fellow soldiers know silently that their surprise attack should take place in the next seconds. Jason and Mark nodded to him for a moment. After Jones had counted with his fingers and completely mute up to three, they finally stormed as if on command in the sparsely lit room.

*****
If you want to get rid of any comments, praise or criticism, then you can do it with pleasure. I'm open to everything.
PLEASE!
😊