Study Buddies

It was a normal Monday back at school after a two week Easter half term. Groups of teenagers piled into the school entrance pondering off to registration. Registration was often classed as the third best part of a school day. Obviously putting lunch first and break second. Registration was a time where we could chill and boast about the holiday and who and what we got up too.

Caitlin and Sarah scuttled into there usual seat which was right at the back of the classroom where they would be able to hide under their school rucksacks that were dumped on the desk and not get caught out for using their mobiles. They spent the first 5 minutes going through their music library picking out the most unusual but interesting music they believed was good.

"Caitlin, I have defiantly found the most appropriate music to use for my dance music." As Sarah scrolled through her phone. Oblivious to the fact that Caitlin wasn't paying any attention to her interest as she was daydreaming about Union J which was something Sarah detested. "It's called Breezeblocks by alt-j" looking up to find Caitlin with her headphone in going through all the screenshots taken by the j-cat fandom.

Few more minutes went by until the form teacher 'Mr Smith' said "class, may you stop what you're doing and can everyone look this way?" The class of 25 turned round to see a brown haired boy blushing at the sight of the boys and girls staring at him and instantly judging him in his skinny black jeans, black high top converse and his oversized black school hoodie. "He shares the same surname as me, although we aren't related. Everyone let's give a warm welcome to Dan Smith." As the teacher laughted in hysterics over the fact they have something in common the class turned back to what ever they were talking about before they were interrupted.

"He's fit" Caitlin whispered instantly oblivious to the mobile phone she normally wouldn't be able to put away.

"Caitlin you're going out with Tristan aren't you?"

"Hahaha yeah but I can still pick out a good looking guy when I see one"

The bell went and everyone set off to maths.

After school Caitlin and Sarah were sitting on the school bus taking to Gaby who they hadn't been able to see all day due to her art coursework which needed to be finished by tomorrow morning.

Just as the bus was about to pull out of the school grounds, the new kid who looked completely lost at which bus he was meant to get on, slowly walked onto the right bus looking for an empty seat to sit on. The bus usually takes about 15 minutes to get everyone home but due to all the roadworks in town the bus driver was itching to go in order to get back for 4:00pm.

The bus is full of children and teenagers that Dan had no other choice but to sit next to Gaby as today no one sat next to her because she had piles of books that was needed for art.

After fidgeting around trying to create some space for the new kid to sit, finally they where both comfy.

"Hi, my names Gaby, you are?"

"DAN!" Shouted Caitlin "he's in our form class"

"Nice to meet you" Gaby held out her hand thinking this was something he would expect due to his appearance which made her think he had been brought up from a well educated  family.

Dan looked in horror at her hand that was placed right below his face. He raised one eyebrow and gently shook her hand. "Nice to meet you too, I guess." In a strong London accent.

"Wow, what made you come up north then?"

Dans cheeks blushed a rosy red "well, my mums got a new job with her folk music and my dad thought it would be better us all moving and experiencing something new instead of just having to live in the city all the time."

Gaby stared at his face noticing his jet blue eyes water.

"Whats with the watery eyes?"

Dan was shocked by what she had noticed and quickly wiped his face with his sleeve.

"Oh nothing, just hay fever." As he twitched on his seat.

Gaby hesitated knowing something was up, she had heard that hay fever joke before and had used it herself the other week.

She shot around to see if Sarah and Caitlin had noticed anything weird happen just then, only to realise the two being anti sociable with there headphone in their ears, pounding there heads to the beat of the music as the bus rolled along the county road.

Gaby and Dan didn't say much more on the journey back apart from "catch you later" as Dan got off the bus which pulled out side of a posh block of flats which looked very old and had huge windows that enabled to the sun to shine in, helping Gaby to make out the posters on a wall of what she thought may have been Dans room.

"Somethings going on with him" thought Gaby.

The next day Gaby saved the seat for Dan as no one was going to sit next to her with the amount of files and scrap pieces of card for art that she had. Although Dan never got on the bus. "Well thats odd. Usually the new kids will last a term at least, not a day! Where is he, whats happened?" panicked Gaby muttering to herself.