Stormer

On the same night, all of a sudden the weather changed. Dark clouds appeared as the rain came tumbling down in the city that we love. Great clouds rolled over the hill bringing darkness from above.

All eyes pounded onto Caitlin's face emotionless tears streamed down her pale cheeks.

"Caitlin whats wrong?" Sarah asked sympathetically.

"It's Tristan he..." Caitlin froze and tried to get some sort of words out of her mouth. "His plane... its crashed," bursting into floods of tears, "he has texted me saying not to worry but obviously i am!"

Dan jumped off the sofa, went over to Caitlin crouching down bellow where she was sitting, taking her hand, grabbed it firmly, staring into her eyes showing that everything will be ok. 

Caitlin's phone whistled. With one new message. "He says he has just fractured his arm from the sounds of it although he is the only one who hasn't suffered badly." It then dawned on Caitlin that she should start to make her way to the airport. "Look, thanks guy but I'm going to have to go and sort this out..."

"Caitlin, you can't drive to the airport in that state. Wait i'll hire you a taxi." implied Sarah.

"I'll drive" said Dan. Knowing this would be a lot easier for everyone. "Are you two going to stay here or come with us?"

"We'll come along." Sarah and Gaby said in unison.

"But haven't you drank Dan" questioned Gaby.

"Well i drank half a pint. Do you think i'm risking it too much?"

"No that should be ok" Gaby said although Sarah didn't look too sure herself as she was feeling a little light headed from the beer.

They all grabbed their belongings and headed straight to Dan's car which was a red Beetle convertible that could sit five passengers. He was the only one who drove because the others weren't seventeen yet, unlike Dan. 

Caitlin was still stressing about the whole situation so Sarah sat in the back to comfort her making sure she was alright. Gaby sat in the front passenger seat checking on Dan hoping he wasn't too drunk to drive.

The rained smashed onto the window screen and it also had became so much darker now as it was 10:00 at night so Dan found it hard to drive. 

Gaby turned on the radio to Radio 1. Keeping everyone awake by turning up the volume of the song  'When a fire' starts to burn' hoping it would cheer Caitlin up at the same time. 

"I'm good friends with Disclosure you know? They were around at mine the other week." Dan mentioned.

"Wow, i'm so jealous, i love their music and would do anything to meet one of them" Gaby excitedly declared. All of a sudden Dan's face looked devastated over what Gaby had said. Did this mean that he had feelings for Gaby? 

There was more silence until the next song came on.

A burst of tears flooded out of Caitlin's eyes.

No one understood how she was fine few minutes ago then was in a breakdown the next. Until they realized that the song on the radio was 'Wild Heart' by The Vamps. No one else in the car was a big fan of the band so it took time for it to catch on and for Dan or Gaby to turn off the radio again.

"Thirty seconds." As Dan pulled into the nearest layby just off the side of the road and hovered out of the car around the back where he grabbed out his iPhone which had a case of a gameboy in which Gaby found really cool. Next thing you know is that Dan is speaking into his phone. 

"He must be calling someone" pronounced Gaby

"I don't think so" murmured Sarah, "listen!"

The three girls moved their eyes onto the side of the car, listening to Dan sing quietly