Cough Cough

Caitlin and Tristan headed back home to Caitlin's house. What they got up to is another story.   (Wink wink)

When the two girls entered the apartment the room still looked exactly how they left it although this time it was a lot cooler. Dan ran upstairs in his flat and brought down a pile of pillows and duvets.

"The bathrooms upstairs if you want to go and have a shower" Dan handed them white company towels that were so soft and inviting that having a shower seemed like a good idea.

"You can go first Sarah" offered Gaby looking too tired to move. So Sarah trailed off. "Dan, can i have a drink of water please? I'm not feeling to good." It had been along night for them all.

Dan looked towards Gaby, raising an eyebrow at how stupid that question was. "You don't need to ask, help yourself to anything."

Gaby smirked taking that the complete wrong way.

Gaby gulped down the cold glass of water from the tap that Dan had brought over to her

"Sit down, anyways whats the matter?" 

"I have a headache and my stomach hurts" holding her waist and burrowing her head into her knees.

Dan sat next to her. Rubbing her back and making Gaby shiver.

"Why don't you sleep in my bed, i'll stay on the sofa, this means you could get better for school in the morning?"

Gaby lifted her head up to Dan "No, i don't want you to be uncomfortable because of me!"

Dan scooped Gaby up back into that bridle carry they were in earlier. Carrying her towards his bedroom.

As they entered. It was quite basic. There weren't any posters on the wall so that room that she had seen when passing by on the bus must have been someone else's flat. There was a wooden double bed with a white duvet cover that hadn't been made and was piled at the bottom of his bed. A wardrobe built into the right wall and then a fireplace on the opposite wall. 

Dan placed Gaby down on the bed and lent over her pecking her cheek with a friendly kiss.

"Stay with me tonight Dan, obviously just as friends?"

"Well won't it be a bit hard to explain to Sarah?"

"No, she'll understand. Just like the time when i understood that she wanted time with Bertie, thinking we wouldn't realize about their secret relationship"

Gaby hesitated and whispered "does this mean were in a relationship?" Smiling and beginning to bite her fingernails.

Dan shrugged "i love you Gaby, just i think you need to get to know me a bit better."

Gaby's smile dropped but looked that she understood by nodding clearly. 

Once Sarah exited the shower smiling as she passed Dan's room noticing Gaby snuggled up in the duvet. Dan picked up his towel and walked toward the steaming bathroom.

"Night Gabz" whispered Sarah

There was no movement Gaby was fast asleep.

After Dan had showered and put on his baggy wolf t-shirt rather than just his boxers which is what he normally would have worn when alone, he carefully climbed in next to Gaby who was also just wearing her own long stripey t-shirt she had worn earlier trying not to disturb her. He lay still next to her watching her sleep. Seeing how peaceful she was with no worries or stress it made Dan want to cuddle her so hard so that he could be as relaxed as she looked even though he had thousands of troubles going on in his mind.

The next morning Gaby awoke, a warm empty patch next to her with the left over marks where Dan had laid remained on her side. She hugged the duvet tight and smelt the covers reminding herself of that sweet clean smell of Dan that stayed with her all last night.

"Get up lazy," feeling a small tug at her feet. It was Dan "you have school in an hour"

"Are you coming?" questioned Gaby. 

"Should i?"

Gaby sprinted out of bed and walked into his wardroom. Searching through to find an appropriate school jumper. Throwing it at him when she found it.

Gaby realized that the top she was wearing was rather short and hopped into bed. crossing her legs and staring at Dan. Pulling down her t-shit so he couldn't see anything.

"Do you have a spare top i can wear today? I want something different to tuck into my denim shorts."

Dan peeped into his neatly folded clothes and pulled out a top that said 'i killed Laura Palmer'

Gaby laughed in hysterics over the T-shirt remembering last nights Twin Peak film they saw together.

"Peeeeerrfect" picking it up and headed to the bathroom for a shower.

After they had sorted themselves out. Gaby and Dan walked downstairs to finds Sarah cooking pancakes with a beautiful breakfast table laid out. Full of different syrups, sugars and spreads like Golden syrup, maple, nutella and jam. Even a bunch of flowers in one of Dan's cups was placed in the middle of the table on the patterned red and white table cloth. 

"Wooooooooooooow" Dan's and Gaby's jaws dropped at what they witnessed. Dan looking a little puzzled at how she managed to get all this stuff.

"How?  But WOW" shocked Dan

"I went shopping this morning. It's to say thanks for letting me stay..." Explained Sarah

Dan smiled and made his way to the table. He had never had someone make him breakfast like this in his own house before.

It was time for the girls and Dan to go to the bus stop.

They only had 15 minutes to wait until they saw the bus approach. 

As it drove nearer the bus didn't slow down to come to a stop. Probably because the bus driver was so use to Dan not getting on. The three waved their arms about. Flapping their arms and hands wildly. As it drove past them the driver realized and came to a grinding halt. Slamming his brakes causing the car behind to slam into the back of the bus.

Gaby screamed. Dan wasn't taken back as much as Sarah and Gaby. He ran towards the car checking the driver was ok. 

His head was pouring with blood from the smashed windscreen and the impact of the air bag.

"Ring for an ambulance" shouted Dan. The girls had never seen Dan look so worried. Sarah picked up her phone and called for emergency help.  Realizing Dan's hands were covered in blood as they saw him hold the wounds to not allow any more blood to be released.

The ambulances arrived. No one was hurt on the bus but the man in the car was in serious danger.

There was no way they were going to school after what they had witnessed and so they were sent to the police office to take in some questions about the accident.

The police asked for their names, age, address and other personal questions. Dan found the questions really nerving to answer but even though he struggled to say it they finally came to an end.

As they walked out of the police station there was two familiar faces.