Dear Stepmother. [18]

"When a man of fourty falls in love with a woman of twenty, it isn't her youth he is seeking but his own." Lenore Coffee

-

"Uh Vera hi." Harry said in a tensed voice but she smiled and came closer closing the few metres between us.

"Is this your girlfriend ?" She gave a friendly smile.

"Uh no Vera, She is just a friend." He nervously scratched his back, it made me curious as to who was she.

"Oh, My name is Vera Agranova. Sorry for me bad English." She chuckled. "But I get better soon."

"Oh that's okay, I'm Zaneh. Nice to meet you." I gestured at handshake but she was hesitant and pulled into a hug. Harry only seemed to get even more tense as each second past.

"You should join for dinner. I'm happy I finally meet Harry's friends, he always never home." She frowned sadly.

"Uh Vera, No she can't come...I mean-"

"I will be there." I interrupted Harry.

"Wonderful, 7pm then ?" She said with giddiness.

"Sure." with another hug she turned away walking to her red sport car which was parked a few cars away from us.

"Is that who I think it is ?" I turned to Harry who was glaring at me.

"Uh yeah." He shrugged.

"But she seems nice." I blurted out leaning on the car with my elbow.

"I guess." He replied.

"Must be pretty cool to have a step mother that young."

"You have no idea." Harry sarcastically added.

I went to the other side of the car as he opened the driver's door. He seemed very sad about that scene but it couldn't be that bad well she wasn't as bad as he had said.

"Hey can I ask you a question ?"

"Yeah sure." He said as he pulled out of the parking.

"If she is still learning English then how did she meet your dad or how did they even communicate before that ?" Suddenly he started laughing and I was taken aback with that response because it wasn't funny.

"And here I was thinking you were going to ask something more serious." He continued laughing and at that moment I realised he looks better when he is laughing than when he is upset or tense.

"Well it is serious, Harold." I smirked.

"Don't call me that." He warned but his eyes fixated on the road.

"But she is allowed to call you Harold huh ?" I crossed my arms, i liked pushing his buttons.

"She is just well dump or whatever so I don't mind her." He shrugged.

"Not all blondes are dump." I said shaking my head like a child.

"Well yeah fine can we not talk about her."

"I'm having dinner at your house, i need to get as much information as I can so I don't look like a freak show."

"Hmm are you trying to impress my them ?" He grimaced making me hit his shoulder playfully.

"Hey calm down kitty Kat, you don't want to kill us now do you ?"

"Okay first of all I don't want to impress anyone and second of all I wouldn't care if you got killed, i would actually wear my prettiest outfit to your funeral."

"Ouch I'm hurt." He smirked.

"Anyways about your father ?" I asked casually.

"He likes young women so I have to keep you away from him." He joked.

"You said Vera was eleven years younger so how old is she and how old is your father ?" I asked curiosity written all over my face.

"Actually I might have kind of lied about it being eleven years." He paused as the traffic light turned red, he turned to look at me. "They are twenty two years apart and Vera is thirty while my father is Fifty two."

My mouth went wide before I clasped it with my hand. Shit that's even worse than  I thought maybe it's true love who knows.

"You know what they say age is just a number." I awkwardly muttered looking at the window, it was quiet and the tension was building up so I turned the radio on. Maroon 5 was playing-

Turning the volume up because this was one of my favourite songs.

"Driving slow on Sunday morning and I never wanna leave..."

"This just gets so crazy living life get hard to do and I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew-"

"That someday it will bring me back to you yeah."

"Find a way to bring myself back home to you."

I found Harry shaking his had slowly as he laughed so I turned to look at him.

"What's so funny ?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Uhm nothing but you have no idea what the song really means..."

"I do. Adam Levine is talking about driving slow in the morning well maybe because he is in a good mood or whatever. He is just happy I guess." I continued singing along.

"In darkness she is all I see..."

"Come on rest your bones with me, driving slow on Sunday morning.."

"And I never want to leave..."

"Yeah Yeah Yeah..."

"Well let me enlighten you Blondie." He said with a menacing grin. "See what we were doing 18 hours ago, that's driving slowly in the morning." He said massaging my thigh,  making me gasp.

"Uhm no Harry you are just dirty minded."

"Driving slow on Sunday morning and I never wanna leave.- Babe did you hear that he never wants to leave." Harry sang making my insides melt.

"I didn't know you could sing." I smiled lightly.

"Uh that's nothing." He shrugged.

"I like your voice."

Where did that come from ? Zaneh

"Don't try to change the subject." Then suddenly the car came to a halt, it was almost dark and checking my phone it had several missed calls making me groan.

"Come here love." Harry said lowering his seat. I didn't hesitate, for some reason I was getting too comfortable around Harry and if my fifteen year old self could see this...she would probably die of happiness. I removed my seat belt then sat on Harry's lap with both my thighs on either side. It wasn't comfortable with the staring wheel on my back but as soon as Harry laid his soft plump lips on mine, it didn't matter...I didn't mind. This was different, it was soft and slow. "So I will  pick you up in an hour." He spoke in between the kisses as he's hands gripped my butt. "Uh yah." I moaned. No complains but he always had a way of making me feel good. I ran my hands through his curls as he laid sloppy kisses on my neck.

"I Have to go." I mumbled.

"We will finish this later." He smiled showing off his pearly whites.

"I don't think so." I got back into my seat and opened the door making my way out, without as much as even waving good bye. The first day of summer at home well spent I guess.

Vote ♡ Comment