Dear Extravagant [38]

"We choose those we like; with those we love, we have no day in the matter." - Mignon Mclaughlin

-

Crystal Chandeliers, Red Wine, Expensive Champagne, Extremely over dressed women, the amazing orchestra playing Mio Babbino Caro from Puccini's,  flamboyant chattering all over. My nerves were getting the best of me but with Harry 's hand snaked around my waist, I felt less nervous. In my head I had already pictured myself hitting the floor, maybe I shouldn't have worn such high heels. Doubt started to creep into my head, there were definitely better looking women here than me or may I say natural blondes... which I am not but desperately trying to be. I hoped my face was not giving out the hint of doubt and low self Esteem. Harry always made me feel beautiful but being around these people made me even more self aware. The talking eyes these women gave me as I walked in with Harry. He seemed not to notice but I did.

"Harold Edward Styles, goodness gracious." Exclaimed an old man with barely any hair left on top of his head. It was s uprising that Harry had never told me his second name was 'Edward'  funny because that name reminded me of a certain someone, I conversed with on twitter. Whatever happened to Edward from England ? My only friend at the time.

"Ah Uncle Phillip ?" Harry gave him his lopsided smiles that me feel funny inside.

"All grown up, I see." He replied in a thick accent. "And ready to settle ?" The old man gestured at me with a warm smile.

Harry laughed hysterically. "I'm still in college ypu old champ but we might consider it in a few years by the way this is my- girlfriend Zaneh Malik." I don't know why that introduction seemed to please me more than the other introductions. 'You remember Zayn ?' 'Yeah this is his twin sister'

"Zaneh Malik." He leaned in to kiss the back of my hand. "Such a beauty, Harry." He complimented.

"Pleasure meeting you." I spoke with rose red cheeks.

"She is my beauty uncle Phil. " Harry pulled me close and whispered "Men in my family have a thing for younger women." he grabbed two wine glasses from the waiter handing me one.

"Likewise Miss Malik but I would certainly be pleased if I called you Zaneh."

"Zaneh is okay too." I took a sip from my glass looking around.

"Oh dear, you should certainly call me Phil or Philly, however it rolls off your tongue." He eye raped my body and I suddenly felt exposed, this cleavage was clearly meant to impress Harry and not old men.

"Uncle Phil, you should probably get a cab home, you cannot be drunk before mother has done her speech she will surely be mad at you." Harry calmly said, I had not even realised the man was drunk or rather tipsy.

"Oh Harry did I introduce you to Petra ?" He slurred suddenly a young woman dressed in a maroon boobtube dress made her way towards us. She quickly held Phil up straight so he he wouldn't fall.

"Hi, I am really sorry he must have had a lot to drink." The blonde said in a sweet voice and nodded with understanding.

"Petra, I am a grown man of sixty-three do not treat me like a child." He yelled a little too loud catching a few of the people's attentions.

"Oh just great." A woman dressed in an elegant black dress laid her glass of red wine on the nearby waiters tray. Her footsteps were graceful and very intimidating. Her brunette her pinned in stylish ponytail,  she did not look a day older than forty. "I thought you said you would behave Phil." She hissed at the man who aimlessly smiled.

"Oh my, hi sweety." She pulled Harry into a warm hug and I just stood on the side giving them their space and not trying to be awkward. "I thought you weren't coming ?" She pulled back her eyes brimming with a watery substance. "Someone changed my mind." Harry snaked his arm around my waist again. She looked at me and her smile dropped. "Oh. You brought a guest ?" She blinked repeatedly and right there and there, I knew she didn't like me. What the heck ? Atleast it's only for tonight then I never have to see her again.

"Thanks Brandon, just take Phill and Petraback to the hotel." Harry ' s mother ignored my presence as she spoke to the bodyguard who lifted Phillip over his shoulder and nodded taking the orders.

"It's really nice meeting you Mrs. Styles." I tried being polite.

"Just Anne will do." She smiled but her eyes said something else. Harry obviously didn't see anything wrong so he smiled before going to greet the other guests. He kissed my left cheek and whispered 'see its not that bad'  all I could do was nod. He obviously did this on purpose and I felt like clinging onto his leg as he walked away. Why would he do this to me ? His mother hates me.

After the awkward silence, I decided to speak. "This is uhm really a great foundation you have here. It will help alot of people. "

" I know." She smiled at the passing guests. "What exactly do you want from my son ? I have dealt with girls of your kind before." She took a sip of her sparkling wine. I was a little taken back by her words.

"Excuse me ?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You heard me little girl." She spat those words with such vernom.

At that moment, I just wanted to go home.

Vote ♡ Comment