05. I.E.D

Derek's P.O.V

   "Who are we going to tell this to?" I asked Jade as I changed my clothes. I wanted to go to Scott's high school to visit his beta. I was surprised to hear that Scott bit someone. Well, not on purpose, but that's something. He now has his own actual beta, and that made me feel proud. He's going on a new phase, a more mature one. Taking care of your beta isn't easy at all.

   "I don't know. I mean, I didn't even talk to Max about it." She shrugged. We are still trying to figure out how to deal with it. We don't know what this pregnancy is going to be like. The child can be completely human, or even a hybrid. "I know that if Scott finds out about it, he'll get overprotective and I don't want him to be under too much pressure, considering the fact that we have these assassins, Kate and now he has a beta-"

   "First, relax." I interrupted her. She nodded and took a deep breath. She's stressing herself too much, and she shouldn't do that. I want her to be calmed and at home. This might be our ticket away from Beacon Hills. I know one thing for sure; she would hesitate to raise a child here. "Second, they will have to know since you have a fetus growing inside of you. I think they won't be able to not to notice that in a few weeks." She rolled her eyes and sighed at what I said. I'm not wrong... "What?"

   "I get what you're saying. So, fine. I decided I won't get out of the loft until I give birth." I chuckled. Is she serious? Because I can't take that seriously. "What?"

   "You have this problem which you can't sit inside the loft because you love being inside the danger." She smiled, but I could sense how tired she got of me. I only do it because I love, and oh, how much I love her...

   "I do not."

   "Yeah, you are, Jade. You always find yourself inside the danger."

   "Shut up." She giggled, and I smiled. There was a moment of silence. I stared into her eyes, adoring every feature of her. I'm happy we moved to this stage.

   "Maybe it's a good idea to talk to Scott." She gave me a sour face. "Jade, I can't protect you like I could before. I'm losing my powers and I'm not sure if-"

   "Stop saying this. Stop. You're going to live and you'll be stronger. I saw it in a vision, and my visions are never wrong."

   "Maybe Kate changed it. Maybe she changed what was supposed to be." I began. "Don't forget you lost your visionary and banshee abilities, you cannot know whether I die or not. Things might've changed." She crossed her arms. Uh oh. I can't get on her bad side.

   "I don't believe it. You're evolving, Derek." I saw the tears in her eyes. "You're not dying. You're not." I hugged her tightly, and she hugged me back. I could see how much she needed that hug. But we see differently. "Don't give up. You never give up." I nodded. It's time I become more of a pleaser for her.

☼  

   Liam entered the locker room pissed and noticed that his lacrosse stick is no longer in his locker. Well... I took it. I gave it to Scott, who is going to watch what's going to happen with Liam at this moment, and I got a fake one, just to try and piss him off, to see how quickly he gets angry.

   "What the hell? Where's my stick?" Liam got angry. I made some noise so he'll notice me. He went to the other side of the room, where I was. I held the stick. 

   "Is this yours?" I asked him before snapping it in half and tossing the halves at his feet. Liam shifted and charged at me, but I easily pinned him to the lockers by his neck. Wow, it was too easy to trigger him. There's a lot of work on him... Scott walked in.

   "Liam." Scott growled, making Liam shift back. Liam has serious anger issues to cope with. He went zero to one hundred in a matter of milliseconds and I don't think he'll be good in controlling himself during the full moon. Scott needs to invest a lot of time on him.