Steve Rogers #4 pt 2

The [H/C] girl met up at work 7 am sharp the next day. Eyes were bloodshot from lack of sleep, her hair up in a messy bun and a pair of reading glasses adorned her face, as a day of staring into a computer screen awaited her. When she entered the office she usually sat in, she noticed that her luck had once again turned on her.

"Good morning, [L/N]" said Steve with a smile, sitting in the usual spot he did his reports in. [Y/N] only nodded and adjusted her glasses, hurrying over to her desk, managing to knock over her own papers in the process. With a click of her tongue, she crouched in her black jeans, beginning to pick up and sort the different papers. A pair of hands appeared in her line of vision, fetching multiple reports and sorting them accordingly. The owner of the hands chuckled, and [Y/N] looked up shyly to meet blue eyes.

"Natasha says I'm clumsy, but this is the third time you knock over your work this week." [Y/N] sighed with a small smile, shaking her head and retrieving the papers from him and adding them to her own pile before stacking them neatly on her desk. "I'm just tired, haven't slept properly lately." She then realized what she said and just shook her head and hand at him dismissively.

"Well, thanks for the help, Rogers. I'll make sure not to disturb you further." Steve raised his eyebrow amusedly and smiled slightly, his hands in his pockets. "You don't disturb me. I enjoy your company, [L/N]" [Y/N] raised her eyebrows and held eye contact with him until he coughed awkwardly and tried to explain what he meant, earning a laugh from [Y/N].

"I know what you meant, I enjoy your company as well." Steve smiled as silence fell over the two, until [Y/N] cleared her throat and pointed towards the door. "I'm about to get some coffee, want anything?"

"Just water would be nice, thank you." The [H/C] girl nodded and cast her eyes downwards awkwardly as she trudged her way towards the door. Her thoughts drifted towards the smile on Steve's face, towards the encounter she had with him, how she savored every conversation they had.

It also drifted to how futile it was, seeing as she saw him in a different light than he did with her. He saw a secretary, an ally, co-worker, and if she was lucky, a friend. Steve would probably never feel what she felt. And she would never get a chance to show him exactly what she felt. She poured the coffee in a mug, mixing tons of sugar and making sure there would be enough caffeine and sugar to kill a god in it so she could make her way through the day. After getting the coffee, she opened the small refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of water before kicking the door shut. When she turned around, she almost dropped the two beverages in her hands, seeing the same blonde woman she held such green feelings for.

"Good morning, [Y/N]"  The [E/C] girl nodded and muttered a 'good morning' in reply. Now might be her chance to bond a little with the woman her 'crush' had fallen for. "How are things?" Sharon smiled and reached behind [Y/N], grabbing a cup and making her way to the coffee-machine. "Things are well, and you?" [Y/N] smiled slightly, muttering 'fine'.

"And what about Steve? How are things with.. you?" She noted how Sharon's smile fell slightly. "Can I be honest with you?" [Y/N] raised an eyebrow and nodded, leaning against the counter and sipping her coffee. Sharon sighed and leaned on the counter opposite of her, glancing at her feet.

"I'm not sure if we were really meant to enter a romantic relationship. We've talked about it a lot lately, and I'm not sure if we're right for each other. I don't know, i-it's just weird. He fell in love with great-aunt Peggy, and I'm just not sure if I can handle that knowledge. It felt right before, but I'm not sure." [Y/N]'s eyes widened at the blonde's rant. "So you've told him this?" Sharon nodded with a sad look in her eyes, yet she smiled nevertheless.

"I feel like I can trust you, [Y/N]. That's why I'm telling you this. You're a nice person, and your opinion on this would be appreciated."

A part of [Y/N] wanted to send her relationship with Steve to ruins. She wanted to break them apart, if it meant she might have a small chance with Steve. But she knew better than to do that. Guilt broke away at her just thinking about their downfall being her fault. So she put aside her own feelings for one moment, deciding to speak truthfully.