Pietro Maximoff #3

Y/B/N = your brother's name (if you dont have a brother, then just insert a male friend's name x) )

~

Pietro Maximoff enjoyed running, that much was obvious, however he enjoyed walking just as much. Not necessarily towards a destination, he just enjoyed being able to get lost in his thoughts and actually move around for once, considering all the time being an Avenger consumed. Currently, his hands were shoved in his pockets as he walked down the hallways of the Avengers facility, just whistling and glancing around every so often. It was late, but that didn't stop him from moving around.

He was just passing by [Y/N]'s room when he heard it. At first it sounded like someone was laughing, but he came to realize as he stood outside the door, it was crying. And it was [Y/N].

The male Avenger stepped up to the door and pressed an ear to it, just as the crying came to a sudden stop.

"Go away." Came the low, shaky voice of the girl. Pietro frowned and tried the handle, it was locked.

"Are you okay? Were you crying?"

"I said; go away, Pietro."

The speedster huffed and sped down the hall.

~

The next day went by normally, except Pietro kept an eye on [Y/N], trying to decipher was could possibly be wrong. However, [Y/L/N] was her usually laughing self, her smile seeming to be contagious. Pietro couldn't wrap his mind around how someone so loving and happy could be hurting. It was unfair, and it seemed unnatural to him.

He decided he wanted to talk to her.

"Brother, are you okay? You've been staring holes into that poor girl's head for the last five minutes."

Pietro glanced to his sister, Wanda, with a small smile. He pat her cheek and only replied with 'I'm fine', before charging off towards the [H/C] haired female.

"[Y/L/N], can we talk?" The girl turned to the silver-haired male, her smile faltering.

"About what?"

"You know what."

With a sigh, [Y/N] simply shrugged, pulling Pietro out of the meeting room and into the hall.

"What did you want?" She asked when they got a certain distance from others.

"Don't play stupid, [Y/N]. Why were you crying last night?" The concern on his face made [Y/N]'s knees go weak, her heart pounding. She fiddled with the hem of the oversized hoodie she wore. Pietro had recognized it as a male hoodie.

"Uhm, that's not really your concern, Pietro." The speedster frowned and leaned down slightly, trying to catch her gaze.

"Even so, I am concerned. You can tell me anything, [Y/N]."

[Y/N] took a deep breath and ran a hand through her [H/L] hair. What had she got to lose?

"I- uh... My brother's been sick for some time now. Cystic fibrosis and uh... lung cancer." Pietro slid down the wall, wrapping his arms around the girl's waist and pulling her down to sit beside him, her legs over his lap. He urged for her to continue.

"Last night, I got a call... it was the hospital that he recently was signed into. He... he didn't... he..." [Y/N] took a shaky breath, trying to push down the tears in her eyes. She covered her mouth with her hands as she shook, sobs getting stuck in her throat and choking her, as if someone had wrapped a hand around her neck.

Pietro's face softened into one of sympathy. Her brother didn't make it, and it had crushed her.

"He was a good man, he didn't deserve this." She shook her head with a sad smile. She let the tears cascade down her red cheeks.

"You know, he had only just turned 30... He had a girlfriend, they were planning on moving in together, a small flat here in New York. Maybe have kids some day." Quicksilver pulled the sobbing girl into a tight hug, running his fingers through her hair.

"Tell me more about him? He seems like a good man."

"He was, Pietro. He really was."

And so [Y/N] proceeded to tell stories about her brother, laughing and crying with Pietro about the things she had done with [Y/B/N]. They must've sat there for a long time, cause they both felt the exhaustion of everything happening after hours of talking.

"I'm tired."

"Me too, darling."

"Wanna go to bed or something?"

"Oh, I didn't know you liked skipping right to the fun parts. At least let me take you on a date first."

[Y/N] chuckled and shook her head, glancing at the speedster with a grin.

"I might just have to hold you to that offer."

~

A/N: sorry I haven't been updating. got tests and lots of shows nowadays to finish up my first year at THE MUSIC COOOOURSE.

~Anja